Parents, please read

Chilling__Echo

I recieved the most disturbing and alarming phone call today. They weren't trying to contact me, i could tell from the first sentence. I could barely understand this individual. I thought they were a little kid that had gotten a hold of their mom's cell phone and accidentally called out on it.

here's how the rest of the conversation went:

ME: "I'm sorry, who are you trying to get in touch with?"

PERSON: (in a very slow, hushed, naive voice) "Are you the guy I met on the internet?"

ME: "um... no? how old are you?" (thinking 8 or so)

PERSON: "15"

ME: "and you're trying to reach a guy you met on the internet?"

PERSON: "yeah"

ME: "Honey, please don't ever call anyone you meet on the internet, that's really dangerous"

PERSON: "So you don't know who i'm talking about?"

ME: "no"

PERSON: "Do you have a brother?"

ME: "I don't have a brother and I think he gave you the wrong number"

and that was that. I'm convinced it wasn't a prank or anything since it wasn't even of the same nature - i'm just hoping this person purposefully gave her the wrong number - how many more people is she going to meet until she meets the one that's dangerous??

parents, please keep this in mind, maybe i'm overreacting, but i know i wouldn't want my (future) child doing this without me knowing.

okay imagine if you had been married. you would always be wondering if it was your husband! therefore it could be a wind up but as you spoke to her and felt it wasnt then, disturbing and worrying indeed.