Pardon me

sensitive

I don't remember when was the last i posted a topic, it was a long time ago in my golden age :cry: . Since then i usually come to here just to view things not really to take part in.

I always thought that i'm lucky since my case is mild, i often go out when i need to and have a pretty good life however i still have the spirit of SP.

Today i started 2nd semester, it was really a bad day because of my anxiety and sweating. I had to shake hands with many people with my wet hands, so embarrassing :? . I just sent a message to mom telling her how i'm suffering and that my life would be much better with out them especially sweating. By the way, she rejected the idea to have surgery for my case when i was in Kuwait :cry: .

I don't know when i'm going to view replies, probably after days. At this moment, i'm just relieved by songs they make me enthusiastic.

Reholla

I'm really sorry. Its not fun at all to be self concious about sweaty palms, and other symptoms of SA

I can relate in that my form is mild as well. It doesnt mean its not completely debilitating though. For years now (before i knew i had SA too) my hands would sweat. And almost always anytime i had to shake some ones hand (cause the anxiety is caused in social situations) my hands would be sweatty. And cause me to be pretty embarrassed, and definitely not as friendly as i could be w/out my SA

The only advice i can give you is what I do. We constantly talk to ourselves (whether you know or not). Sometimes its subconcious, sometimes we are aware of it. But our problem is we dwell on things, that is what causes our clammy palms, etc. I know it doesnt seem like it. It seems like our palms sweat naturally (or it does to me sometimes). But you do indeed have control over your body's reaction.

If your hands start sweating even after you think positively, and you reallly tried not to dwell on the situation, all you can do is go through the experience. So what if people notice your hands are sweatty. I hardly ever lie, but sometimes Im just like, "oh sorry if my hands are wet...i just washed them. Or i just put lotion on" Just joke about it. Dont assume that person even noticed. Most people (even w. out SA!!) are so aware of how they are making themselves look, that most of the time they dont even notice what the other person is doing.

Anyways best of luck to you!!

sensitive

Hello Reholla. I really appreciate what you said :) , never thought to lie about my wet palms seems to be a good idea. I always have problem shaking hands with other, usually try to wipe my palms with tissues but sometimes i have no time to do that.

I guess that pic belongs to you, curious which one is you?