paranoid and sunburnt

Polarity

Hi
ive been suffering with SAD for years now & wondered if paranoia could lead to psychosis, or is it the other way around? i know if i go out i get paranoid but recenlty im gettin deep feelings of fear when i wake up even if theres nuthin to fear! does anyone else get this regularly and how do you deal with it??? thanks.

Yeah these disorders can cause us to worry ourselves sick, or should I say even sicker. Becoming an observer to worry, fear, negative thoughts, etc. is something that can be learned. We might be stuck with anxiety for a while but it doesn't have to stop us from living our lives. Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) is what has helped me to realize that. There are ACT self-help workbook available for less than $20.

rado31

Polarity said:
Hi
ive been suffering with SAD for years now & wondered if paranoia could lead to psychosis, or is it the other way around? i know if i go out i get paranoid but recenlty im gettin deep feelings of fear when i wake up even if theres nuthin to fear! does anyone else get this regularly and how do you deal with it??? thanks.

from time to time i have this feelings when i wake up as a result of i-would-say minor traumas in last 9 years and last enormously traumatic year. somehow it goes away, i dont want to discuss it with doctors. i think it is a extended worry that i couldnt handle more stress in the future.

Polarity

sabbath92001 said:
Yeah these disorders can cause us to worry ourselves sick, or should I say even sicker. Becoming an observer to worry, fear, negative thoughts, etc. is something that can be learned. We might be stuck with anxiety for a while but it doesn't have to stop us from living our lives. Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) is what has helped me to realize that. There are ACT self-help workbook available for less than $20.

..thats great man! i have looked thru the site and it seems sensical enough...simple plan but needs some practice and willpower...thanks tho!

rado31 said:
from time to time i have this feelings when i wake up as a result of i-would-say minor traumas in last 9 years and last enormously traumatic year. somehow it goes away, i dont want to discuss it with doctors. i think it is a extended worry that i couldnt handle more stress in the future.

that the way I feel also...my doctors make me feel so small sometimes...im sure its not intentionally but it dont help none when I wana talk about stuff...sometimes the fear is strongest when I wake early...its so strong that the whole room feels like a dark dark place and I dont wana get outta bed so I try to fall asleep again...its weird how my brain works nowadays..I worked out tht If I watch a couple of dvds before I pass out then I wake up feelin better...