Overprotecting children is creating more SA.

Zarrix

Ultimately, the very protective nature of parents today is creating an assassin which is going unnoticed among the well-known problems of today. That assassin is SA.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008
The poison in the orchard.

Many parents protect their kids from strangers, fearing they will be taken away or something horriffic. The elders seem to have a mindset that 'Todays world is more dangerous than yesterdays' without anything to back that up. Contextually this may be fact, because they knew the dangers they faced when they were growing, however, due to many complications, they are much less certain about todays perils. To pass this mindset this onto a child however, is deemed to be a shield from the abundant hostile monsters, lurking the streets of the present. However, it is a mindset that has nasty long term consequences, because if we are taught that the stranger is hostile, then ultimately we will grow up with the thought that all strangers are to be feared.

This train of thought is not a good one, because the child will not be exposed to strangers at all. If the parent sees the stranger as demonic to a child as something such as a Lion or a snake, then they have just given SA a nice breeding ground. Ultimately later on in life, during our teens, we learn that the stranger isn't normally a danger, but by this time, the sub-conscious instinct that detects fear in strangers is already engraved into our psyche. Todays over protective society may be seen as a justified rally, but in reality, it is irrational, like protecting from a poison apple amongst a whole orchard of apples. If we don't take risks in social gain, then ulitimately there won't be a gain. They don't know this, but the older generation has created an assassin, standing in stealthy shadows, ready to strike the next chain in the tree.

Society won't know he hit though, they still won't understand us.

Blog entry. More coming soon!

noblame4

I agree, I think our scociety is protecting our children to death.
Kidnappings and molestations are no more common now than they were in the 50's or any other time, the difference is that when it happens now, the media hypes it up to an epidemic. Parents are made to feel that the whole world is out to steal, molest, and murder their children. You cant let your kids go play by themselves in the neiborhood anymore, you cant drop your children off at the park to explore their peers anymore, children are not allowed any independance. Our early experiences are the most influential events in our lives, they shape who we will become later in life. It's no suprise we've turned out how we did, being smothered by our scociety with fear and isolation in a backwards attempt to protect us.

Zarrix

I have this strange dream and thought that many years down the track, it will not be Global Warming or armageddon that ends the human race, but rather the social isolation caused by this. Every person will represent a different world, and human beings simply won't exist as we know.

Crazy, I know.