Overcoming social anaxiety step by step

lettypagb

,does somebody here listen to these tapes ? i think they are really good , is like 20 hours of cbt ,yall should download it.

j_brown2

Banned
i did listen to those tapes for a year, at the beginning i was motivated as hell, thank god i found those tapes coz i had to go to the doctor 2 months later, and i was mentally prepared for it, it was great but once i came to the 20 tape, i was like this is it! and i lost motivation, i couldnt read anymore through the same old shit. i couldnt see myself getting over it with this alone... so i searched for something better

Anubis

CBT isn't supposed to instantly fix all your problems though. It's just supposed to give you small nuggets of intelligence so you can get an epiphany or 2. In fact, I never finish most CBT tapes. As soon as they get into the whole "imagine yourself in titanium armor and let the energy surge through your veins while you're holding a crystal rod. OMG, You're empowered!!" that's when I usually turn it off, lol. It's what they say in the beginning that's life changing.

Here's one of my favorite CBT tapes:
Caroline Myss - Self-Esteem: You're Fundamental Power.
Part 1
Part 2

She does a really beautiful job of defining the essence of self-esteem. I don't think I've ever seen it explained as well. And it has really good Amazon.com ratings just in case you're interested in quality.

Last edited:

raylite

For me, simple mediation and learning to love myself has helped a lot more than any of the books on SA I've read and any of CBT tapes I've listened, including this one.

Zlajo

For me, simple mediation and learning to love myself has helped a lot more than any of the books on SA I've read and any of CBT tapes I've listened, including this one.
Thanks for this great advice! I feel this can help me a lot.

About "Overcoming social anaxiety step by step", please don't say so bad about this tapes! One young man wrote on local forum in my country very positive about this therapy on audio tapes. He said it changes his life and he got job and he is very optimistic about his future! So, please, if this don't working for you, maybe will work for someone else. :)