Out of Zone- in trouble

phobik

When you leave your comfort zone bad things can happen. On a trip to Baja, Mex (no swine flu!!) a few days ago I had a night apart from my girlfriend. (anti-anxiety drug/crutch) There were a bunch of cool restaurants that looked interesting, but what I ultimately ended up doing was eating in a miserable place that actually smelled. Why? There were wealthy Americans at the other restaurants, who make me nervous. ....Got me thinking just what exactly does the future hold, unable to feel comfortable except at home. I like Baja and have the resources to have a home there, but I'd ultimately be more isolated there than I am here in WI. At $3 the dinner was cheap, anyways.

So- now on my third day depressed/in house due to catastrophic thinking. It's unfortunate, as I have been doing well for quite a while. I'm in fact enough out of whack that I thought I should resume the Lexapro I've been off of for a long time.

As everyone knows, medicine only benefits to a point, and with consequences. Although I've tried CBT b4 unsuccessfully, I think I need to give another go. Anyone know of any good clinics that might be able to take a bite out of my irrational thought or any other courses of action?? thanks, tom