Online surveys as job

Fighter86

Because of SA, I find it very difficult to work. So I was thinking of doing some home based work. I have seen advertisements for getting paid to do online surveys. But before getting started, u need to actually pay a one time fee to have access to the surveys.

Some surveys are paid in cold hard cash, some are paid in vouchers & some are paid by the accumulation of points to exchange for various products. Just wondering has anyone tried this job? If yes, can u guys recommand a good company to start with? I live in Asia. Thanx :lol:

LittleMissScareAll

I've never tried it, because I always figured it was a scam... it may not be, but it seems like all those make-money-easy things/stay at home jobs are a scam, at least the ones I've read up on. I tried one of the stay at home telemarketing jobs once and they didn't pay me what they were supposed to. :?

But if you(or anyone else reading this) finds out that the survey thing really works, please let me know because I'd love to make money doing something like that too, especially since we've been having work shortage and I haven't worked in a couple of weeks. 8O And it's too hard to find another job around here.

Yossarian

I would never trust anything like that where you have to make a one time payment. Or any payment. People don't pay their employer, the employer pays them. Full stop. Don't ever listen to any of their reasons, it's just clever trickery.

black_mamba

Some jobs allow you to take work home to be completed. It may involve going to the actual site and back to collect the work itself but its an option, usually assembly and packing jobs are like this.

J

Those sound like scams to me. Besides, in the end, you'll spend more time taking surveys than you'll ever get paid; you'll make less than minimum wage, so to speak. It's not a 'job'.

other things to avoid: "Make $2000 a month from home part-time!" "Put your computer to work!" "Make $12K in you spare time GIVING AWAY satellite dishes!" ... and any job ad that features the phrase "investment required."

2QuietForThem

Sorry, but it's a scam. Also, if you sign up at any site that you're interested in home-based jobs, you'll be called by every nut out there trying to get you to invest in their pyramid schemes. You may want to try selling on Ebay OR setting up a website (I think the major internet providers will give you space for one) that charges people to enter.

marc72

information.

yes there are scams out there. The ones that you accumulate points take forever. Recently I did some phone surveys for 30 bucks and I am finishing up one for this Columbia Prysbterian Hospital one for panic disorder and anxiety. It consists of phone survey , paperwork and soon i have to take blood test for it. for 75 bucks. Takes a few weeks in the mail to get the check.
Yes some are very legit particulary hospital research ones. the drawback can be the ones that you have to take medication trials, some are not medication trials.
As for as paying for surveys. They have only a few sites that you pay to get a list of companies that recruits for people to take surveys but you have to do the leg work once you get the list.
Some scammers use your information and sell your email or sell your information to companies for advertisements etc.
Bottom line is do it as a hobby but not to use it for paying bills and supporting yourself. ANy question feel free to ask or email me.
If some of you dont mind working as a security guard at late shift to avoid people for a while. you can do that to make a little money to save until you decide what to do.

marc72

more info.

I remember this person that use to come to this Forum . I dont want to expose her name without permission but she told me she works at home as a medical transcriptionist. You have to know how to type good and you can work at home but yo have to really study for it. Like I mentioned before, they are scammers out there even schools too . I researched the type of job and seems interesting. dont know if i can do it right now especially at home you need privacy and space to concentrate.

black_mamba

Transcription is worth looking into; when my father was a doctor he would try to encourage me to write up some of his dictaphone files in exchange for a little money but I was more interested in going out cycling (hey I was a kid!)...so another option right there, maybe ask a few family members to see if they or their friends need such a service?

anomicdeer

They really need to come up with some kind of truly legitimate work at home business for people with SP. :?

You think people would really support us like that?

If they did. I think all of us depressed SA'ers would be happy (points to herself).

Depressed> happy????
Yes Thats what I said.

Well I mean...
if we where good at writing we can blog.
Or graphic/web design.

But I mean...
ugh
There just are enough online jobs.

Last edited: