Online Gaming...

LoveMyTroy

No way those games are heaps of fun and they are a great way to meet people to. You can join forums talk with people. I met my fiancee at a game site. :D

BenCassidy

I suggest you ignore this "ILoveTroy" prson. His opinion is not in your best interest. Online games ruined my social life. I can't tell you how many tests I failed because of my addictive personality towards online gaming. It provokes laziness and anti-social behavior. The creators could care less how your life is outside of their game, as long as you keep playing. I encourage you to try and get outside more and maybe join some local groups (especially a church) or anywhere where you think you might likely find friends. Just think about it. Who would be there for the hard times? For example, the loss of a family member. Would you take more comfort from a stranger miles away or a friends who's always there for you? Think about it.

-=Ben Cassidy=-

LoveMyTroy

BenCassidy said:
I suggest you ignore this "ILoveTroy" prson. His opinion is not in your best interest. Online games ruined my social life. I can't tell you how many tests I failed because of my addictive personality towards online gaming. It provokes laziness and anti-social behavior. The creators could care less how your life is outside of their game, as long as you keep playing. I encourage you to try and get outside more and maybe join some local groups (especially a church) or anywhere where you think you might likely find friends. Just think about it. Who would be there for the hard times? For example, the loss of a family member. Would you take more comfort from a stranger miles away or a friends who's always there for you? Think about it.

-=Ben Cassidy=-

Firstly, I am a girl and who are you to say that? That is what I have experienced you may have not experienced the same thing but that doesn’t make it any less valid. I suggest you do both but I found talking online with people helped me to think of things to talk about with other people in real life situations. I am glad I have done what I have done and because I met my fiancée online and it has given me some strength to do things that is necessary to survive in life.

SNAFU

Wow, why argue.. what works for some doesn't always work for others. I am glad LoveMyTroy found help in talking online, more power to her.. for some people that may be their only interaction with other people. Regardless, something that one person may find empowering another may find disabling... Ben perhaps for you it is not a good thing but to say "not" to engage in something is just wrong it is more complex than that. I find it a little ironic that you are arguing this.... on a forum, online?!

BenCassidy

Yea. Let's just let our fists do the talking. lol. This is the only convenient way to engage in an argument at the moment. I'm not dedicated enough to the subject to get in my car and drive to "LoveMyTroy"s house. We have a disagreement. Happens alot.

Meee

If you can handle MMO gaming sensibly then have fun :) I found that I can't.. I use it an escape from how messed up my life has become, which becomes very addictive and doesn't help at all with my problems. Just make sure you don't make your situation worse.

SilentType

Banned
Yeah I'm into sports and I played this game Ultimate Baseball Online for a long time. There are a lot of cool people there but the game is pretty awful. I was hoping it would improve, but every time a new version comes out it seems to get worse, lol. I seemed to return to the game on a regular basis only because of the people who play the game.

In other words, I didn't find the game itself addicting but I did find that I could interact with people better there than in person.

Peace