Online crush

alex29

1000 miles seperating us, and we go to different colleges. :( in the future we may move in with each other but thats long term thinking being as I havent even met him yet! and I havent old him just how strongly I feel, tho i think he knows it

G

damn.

i was in a long distance relationship with a guy i was in love with that i met over the internet! never even met him, but we went out. he was definitely real because he went on cam. then things became rocky. he lied, i felt like he was cheating, so i ended it before our 4 month anniverssary. now he's a total jerk. but hey, not all of them are. good luck :]

Kien

God I fell in love with some girl over the net last year. Took quite some time before I realized it, and when I did... so much angst.

alex29

Kien said:
God I fell in love with some girl over the net last year. Took quite some time before I realized it, and when I did... so much angst.

how do you know you're in love?

i think about him all the time, picture myself with him, want to hug and kiss him but still cant convince myself im definitely in love with him :(

bleach

Banned
I think it's just a subjective thing. Most people misuse it and exaggerate it, anyway.

Recently developed an online crush. I have no idea what she even looks like, what her age is, or where she lives, but she's definitely the wittiest girl I have ever talked to. :oops: Nothing is going to come of it, though :?

alex29

bleach said:
I think it's just a subjective thing. Most people misuse it and exaggerate it, anyway.

Recently developed an online crush. I have no idea what she even looks like, what her age is, or where she lives, but she's definitely the wittiest girl I have ever talked to. :oops: Nothing is going to come of it, though :?

see thats the thing. i think people misuse it and exaggerate it too, so im cautious to use the word myself! i only want to use it if i really mean it, otherwise i feel that i will lead him to believe something that isnt true

how did you meet her?

Kien

alex29 said:
Kien said:

how do you know you're in love?

i think about him all the time, picture myself with him, want to hug and kiss him but still cant convince myself im definitely in love with him :(
Then you will never be convinced about it. (-,-) I had talked a bit to the girl and when she said that she had to go and I was to start playing a game I realized that I didn't find the game very fun becouse I felt that I would so much rather continue talking to her and I was still thinking about her. (>,<)

alex29

i think im in lvoe with him but i just overthink everything...i worry that maybe i am more in love with the idea of being in love than i am with him, that im just looking for someone to care about me, etc etc.

i keep telling myself that when i meet him ill know for sure!

Carstuar

alex29 said:
i think im in lvoe with him but i just overthink everything...i worry that maybe i am more in love with the idea of being in love than i am with him, that im just looking for someone to care about me, etc etc.

i keep telling myself that when i meet him ill know for sure!

I think there's a big possibility that you're in love with the idea of love.

I had a similar online relationship, and when I finally met her and spent a week with her, it was great! Best week of my life.
However, after I went home, we both realized that we didn't actually know each other as well as we thought, and that the distance would keep us from ever knowing if it was meant to be. She realized this before I did, and broke up with me over the phone. (d'oh).

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if someone seems too good to be true, they probably are. Or your lonely mind is making them.

moodygoo

scissorhands said:
Hey, I have Social Anxiety Disorder and met someone long distance online like this as well. I also feared the same things you do about meeting her in person for the first time. That was six years ago and I live with her now and everythings great. Try not to worry about it too much. He knows who you are inside without the anxiety so it'll come out when you meet him, and if not it will eventually and since you already told him your problem he'll likely understand and be patient with you.

Best of luck to you :)

Its great to hear this.
I've met my boyfriend online too and it works out better in so many ways except the whole distance thing which can be agonizing.
I really couldn't ever do it the normal way though, just 'dating' a stranger.
It's terrifying meeting for the first time and so weird only just meeting someone you feel like you've known forever.

I must be tired thats so corny...