One Last Demon to Slay

WaterWitch

I've been bullied since the first day of kindergarten, but this is the worst one I've had to deal with. Someone please tell me how to handle this one girl. She for sure must have come from hell. Starting in ninth grade, I was standing in front of the teacher'd desk when suddenly I dropped my pencil. As I proceeded to bend over and pick it up, the girl rudely tells me to get my butt out of her face. For one, I wanted to ask her why the hell she was sitting so close to the teacher. Teacher's pet, perhaps? Throughout high school, she and her cronies proceeded to pull apart every little thing I do, to the point it got really annoying. Then one day, sitting with one leg folded on top of the other, it accidentally slipped and stroke my funny bone on the desk leg. Guess what happened next? The girl told me to stop as if I did it ON PURPOSE. Like she isn't annoying enough! Not long that class met in the library. On the wall there was this AMAZING sunlight map--you know the ones where the lit-up parts represent sunlight and hits parts of the earth that currently have daylight? I was entranced...and then the teacher catches my attention. I told him that I was studying the sunlight map and then SHE was there. I don't know what she was thinking I did to make it okay to...I'm sorry......it's extremely painful to recall. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE STARE AT ME. God, I can't stress that enough. So the girl thought it was funny to laugh like an idiot at me for shying away. There wasn't even a good reason to be looking at me. There must be a way to deal with someone like this. Please offer your advice.

Nathália

Yes, I remember someone vividly like that throughout school and they just loved putting me in classes with him every single year. I think the best way to handle people like this is to be blunt, straight forward, and to get hot on their behinds. You don't have to yell, you don't have to curse and you don't have to act like a clown, but speak about all of what they've done onto you and how you don't like it.

Let's call this person that did this to you "Becca" You know what Becca? You follow every little move that I do. You're always up in my tail worried about what business that I'm tending to. If I take a squat you're right behind me trying to smell it. You need to back off, let me breathe some and stop being so worried about what I do.

Just be assertive, use your words and tell them how you feel. I understand that this may not be everyone’s approach to things.

I remember I told that little bastard off and the whole class just went Ooooooooo and someone said “you don’t want to mess with her”. Then I turned back around and tended to my own business. If he talked about me anymore it was in a whisper, but let them pstt pst in each other’s ear. At the end of the day you’re not giving a “hot tamale” about what they’re doing, but they’re the ones that’s all up on you. You didn’t do anything to gain negative attention, but yet they’re all up in it.

Good Luck to you, I hope this chick backs off. Think of tactful ways you can express yourself when she says things. You don't have to act tough or cause a scene, just tell her what it is. If this girl ever wants to harm you let someone know so if you can ahead of time if you're fearful.

I assume that this is still going on? Or you just want to know how to handle it if you come across a situation like this again?

THeCARS1979

I've been bullied since the first day of kindergarten, but this is the worst one I've had to deal with. Someone please tell me how to handle this one girl. She for sure must have come from hell. Starting in ninth grade, I was standing in front of the teacher'd desk when suddenly I dropped my pencil. As I proceeded to bend over and pick it up, the girl rudely tells me to get my butt out of her face. For one, I wanted to ask her why the hell she was sitting so close to the teacher. Teacher's pet, perhaps? Throughout high school, she and her cronies proceeded to pull apart every little thing I do, to the point it got really annoying. Then one day, sitting with one leg folded on top of the other, it accidentally slipped and stroke my funny bone on the desk leg. Guess what happened next? The girl told me to stop as if I did it ON PURPOSE. Like she isn't annoying enough! Not long that class met in the library. On the wall there was this AMAZING sunlight map--you know the ones where the lit-up parts represent sunlight and hits parts of the earth that currently have daylight? I was entranced...and then the teacher catches my attention. I told him that I was studying the sunlight map and then SHE was there. I don't know what she was thinking I did to make it okay to...I'm sorry......it's extremely painful to recall. I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE STARE AT ME. God, I can't stress that enough. So the girl thought it was funny to laugh like an idiot at me for shying away. There wasn't even a good reason to be looking at me. There must be a way to deal with someone like this. Please offer your advice.

tell her to **** off,

I'd loudly tell her to stop staring at me and in an even louder voice in front of the whole class I would tell her that only someone with some sort of weird crush on you would critique your every move. Embarrass HER in front of everyone for a change. Just play it cool, don't act upset. I had to handle a character like that a while back, always staring at me and studying my every move...until I embarrassed him with those same phrases above. Everybody made fun of him. :sarcastic:

mikebird

Banned
Tough to get though playgroups & school with no awareness of my shy or quietness. I either ignored this or I was doing fine. 1980s

Al through uni I was being treated well. I needed to be notified of weaknesses at early age. Parents had no idea. Cottonwool. Aunties, uncles & brothers tried explaining things. I didn't take it in. Thought it was a joke

I thought I flourished. Not ready to revert to key incapabilities.

It took until 2001 and 2011 to get aware of my shortfall.
Good thing or bad thing. Some anger is the result

Diend

IMHO, please grow a backbone and not be affected by this overly-sensitive individual.