on online personals

Had online personals worked for you in the past for finding dates or meeting people?

• I found a date

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I met some people

• Never given online personals a try

• I found a date/met some people, but I wish I hadn't

• Total voters

ash_2001

Since it's not exactly easy to meet people for us social phobics... I'm wondering how many of you have tried online personals to meet people or find dates and whether they have worked for anyone. If so, which ones have you used :?:

I have used those in the past, but have always found that despite seeming to connect with these people online, it was hard to do so with some of them in reality. This just shows how unfortunately limited an internet interaction can be sometimes when representing the nature of a person you talk to.

SocialRetahd

Meeting someone online isn't gonna make me any less nervous when I meet them in person, lol. Sure, theres one less step to worry about(the approach) but my problem remains. So I can't try online personals until I get over my fear of people. But once I'm over my fear of people I won't need personals anymore, lol.

SocialRetahd

Edith said:
Heck no! I've never tried it. 8O

I am WAY worse online than in person.

At least in person I can come up with something to say and "act" like I'm normal, but online it's like I get "writer's block" or something... :?

I wish we could switch.

LittleMissScareAll

Nothing works for me. I've tried the online dating, I've had family members try to set me up with people, etc...and just nothing works. I either just don't connect in that way with the person/they don't connect with me, or we'll be crazy about each other(or they will SEEM to be for awhile) and then they just dump me out of the blue. I don't see how one's feelings can just change overnight after 7 months...I always let people know early on in the relationship if things aren't working out for me.