OMG MY PARENTS ARE RUINING MY FUCKING LIFE.

coriander1992 said:
krs2snow said:
Hey, Sleepingbeauty & Depressed4life, truth of the matter is, you're both adding to my point.

your mom and dad really do need to buy you things!
Mis-perception 101: Mommy and daddy should buy me what I want.

Says who???

I am a fukin minor for godsake. JEsus christ maybe i should prostitute myself and become a whore and maybe they'll appreciate more.

My point, again. "Oh, I'm a minor! I shouldn't have to work! Especially when daddy has loads in the bank!"

Did YOU earn this money? Do YOU deserve it?

Yes, you are a minor. Yes, in a perfect world, mommy and daddy should buy you things. Buuut, as you may well know, this isn't a perfect world.

My parents were divorced when I was 10. I had a job when I was 13. Illegally, I might add but with my mothers consent. I bought things for myself. I did not rely on my mother or my father.

A lot of kids today think the world should be handed to them. It Absolutely should not. Depressed4life, you are old enough to get a job and EARN some money of your OWN. I do not think your parents are treating you fairly, however, it is up to YOU to determine what kind of person this turns you into. Do you want to whine about it all your life? I doubt it.
Once you let these FACTS sink in (and accept them), you will realize sooo many more possibilities. I am not attacking you, btw, I am giving you the truth. Take it or leave it

Is it not the parents' responsiblility to care and provide for a child until they turn 18 years old?

HOWEVER, if you are asking for extra things that you want rather than need, then you can't always expect your parents to pay for those. Meaning they should buy you some things, but not everything you want.

If you want luxury items, go get a part time job or something. :)

Just remember though, your parents are the only ones in the world who will care about you no matter what, so hang onto them.

My parents do not care about me. They do not, i been beaten up by mother because i was using the computer and she wanted me to turn it off when i was just hearing music. She ignores me when i am just telling how i quit my job because the boss said some racial shyt. IF she talks to her family in the dom rep...SHE IGNORES ME EVEN MORE. My dad, where i can start.....HE is an as.shole. He never says happy birthday, i love you.....NOTHING. I don't know how many times i had to sew my pants because i use them everyday..so they are ripping around my private part. My mom said that she hopes i get pregnant when i was only 15...i am still a virgin. Because my sister's friend got pregnant at 19, i was going out with a friend and my mom accused me of going to have sex and then her and my father started to gaNG up on me. IF i am saying a joke and my father is around and i am not even talking to him, he will tell me to shut up and to stop being a clown. WHen my father is around, we can't talk because he starts getting mad for no reason. My mom also said that she should had never had me when i was like 15, so what is she saying ? that a human error....If thats the case i believe the same shyt.
My parents have neglected me, beaten me up and verbally abuse me. WHat am i suppose to do? Not complain about it...I have to because i am tired of that shyt. I try to speak to my mother, and she ignores me. I am not going to attend graduation because my mom gets excited when one of her family from the domp rep graduates...i am 16 and graduating. DO they care? HEll no. If they don't fucking give a shyt about, when they get fucking old, they are going to fucking die by themselves because just like they treat me like i am a piece of shyt, then i will treat them the same way they are treating me now. I know some ppl have it worst but guess what? I don't have shyt, no love from them or nothing. You ppl think is easy to see your mom, treats you like crap and not give you anything and she lets one of her daughters who is in her late 30s still thousands of dollars from her and not say anything. IF it was me? My mom would had sent me to jail. SHes mad at the fact that my father is an asshole and even she complains that my father is wack and that he needs to use his money at least from himself and for us...but then she goes and gives her money to her family and she has the nerves to say that i am conceited...shes saying that i am conceited...why would i do that when i have no reason to be conceited? I look like crap, i am ugly ass hell why in the world i would be conceited?...Her and her family try to control every aspect of my life. If i travel there and i am talking to a male friend my tells ppl to spie on me, and to stop me from talking to other ppl...I can't even use the damn phone in this house or go out. I can't go to parties or to any social stuff because of my parents. IF they don't support me, financially or emotionally then why the fuk do they care what i do. Its none of their business what the fuk i do...they complain if i even go downstairs for some fresh air and then they complain if i use the computer 24/7...a computer that my 20 year old sister bought because my father knew we need it for school, because shes in college...and i am in hs and....he ignored us.

PPL I HAD A DAMN JOB AND MY MOM WOULD FORCE ME TO GIVE HER SOME OF MY DAMN MONEY!! WTF IS THAT SHYT. SHE WILL FORCE ME TO GIVE HER SOME OF MY MONEY..TO SENT IT TO MY 18 YEAR OLD NIECE...IS THAT FUKIN FAIR. MY NIECE EVEN HAD THE NERVES TO MAKE FUN OF ME AND SHE TOLD ME...OHH OH YOU WORK TO BUY URSELF CLOTHES...WHILE I GET EVERYTHING LALALALA(EVERYTHING FROM MY MOM). SHE HAD THE NERVES TO ASK ME FOR A VERSACHE PERFUME....WTF.

krs2snow

Hi Depressed. Hey, I am really sorry you feel the way you do about your parents. I have said, and will say again, that I don't think they are treating you fairly based on what you've talked about. I think your situation stinks! It does and I certainly have empathy for you and how you're feeling.

It IS unfair. I have not denied you that. However, you gotta find a way to ACCEPT this fact and let it go! If you can, you will be a lot happier. By accepting this, the next time your mom sends gifts to your family overseas, you won't be surprised. You won't be angry. You'll just know it's the way it is. I know you had a job briefly. You should try it again. Keep looking. You can find something better suited to you and what you like doing. And then when you get paid- instead of being forced to give your mom money- come home and immediately hand her $10 and say "Hey, mom, here's 10 bucks just for being my mom!" Won't that surprise the shyt outta her!!! She will be so surprised she probably won't know how to respond! The best part is you won't feel angry or forced. You'll be beating the "system", so to speak. You can smile as you walk away and your mom is standing there with a dazed look in her eyes thinking "Who is this child?"

It's about YOU- what you do, how you handle yourself, how you deal with an unfair situation- that will make the difference in how you feel about yourself.

But really, deep down, you gotta know your parents love you. You are their daughter. They love you.

krs2snow said:
Hi Depressed. Hey, I am really sorry you feel the way you do about your parents. I have said, and will say again, that I don't think they are treating you fairly based on what you've talked about. I think your situation stinks! It does and I certainly have empathy for you and how you're feeling.

It IS unfair. I have not denied you that. However, you gotta find a way to ACCEPT this fact and let it go! If you can, you will be a lot happier. By accepting this, the next time your mom sends gifts to your family overseas, you won't be surprised. You won't be angry. You'll just know it's the way it is. I know you had a job briefly. You should try it again. Keep looking. You can find something better suited to you and what you like doing. And then when you get paid- instead of being forced to give your mom money- come home and immediately hand her $10 and say "Hey, mom, here's 10 bucks just for being my mom!" Won't that surprise the shyt outta her!!! She will be so surprised she probably won't know how to respond! The best part is you won't feel angry or forced. You'll be beating the "system", so to speak. You can smile as you walk away and your mom is standing there with a dazed look in her eyes thinking "Who is this child?"

It's about YOU- what you do, how you handle yourself, how you deal with an unfair situation- that will make the difference in how you feel about yourself.

But really, deep down, you gotta know your parents love you. You are their daughter. They love you.

THey do notttttttt LOVE Me...they do not. You should meet my father. I mean i don't give a fuk if my parents don't love me. THe thing that gets me anger is that thanks to them and their drama...i suffer of anxiety and depression since the age of 9. I AM THE CRAZYONE in the house because of that. Thats what they think because i act differently and i am always in a bad mood and don't go out at all. They used to fight all the time when i was younger and once my father threw some metal stick...and he almost hit me with it...if that would had hit me, i could had been killed. He was having an argument with my mom like at 7 in the morning before i went to school. I am not going to look for a job now because i am going to travel in almost a month and i am not coming back till september so i will just wait till september to find a stable job. I graduate this june...i won't attend graduation because my parents don't even care that i am 16 and graduating. My parents didn't even make it to JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOl. ANyways, i am already used to her sending them everything they want and desire, however it makes me mad that my mom is 54 years old and they EXPLOIT HER, and when her fukin back hurts....who gives her the massages....I DO...its not them. Also, i am waiting for them to get old so that my mom can have her other family give her food...which i doubt because if her daughters are in their 30s...and my mom has to fukin support them...they will never be able to support my mom when she turns 80...so my mother better not come back to me b.c i will make believe that idk her. Now my father.....he is definately better find some1 to take care of him...because my only full blood sister and i..already agree to NOT EVEN TOUCH him when he gets 80.. I do understand what you mean...thanks for writing.