Oh No!!! My new life is getting scarier by the day :oops:

elleklobber

I left my old life behind. I moved up (4 hours drive away) from my parents to live with my boyfriend. I dont know anyone up here except him and his family. Im not comfortable completely around his family yet but hope to one day.

I wont see my parents this xmas, Il see them again in the new year sometime.

Boxing day will be a huge challenge for me, I have been dreading it. My boyfriends parents are treating that day as their xmas day and there will be 2 kids, my boyfriend, his 2 sisters and their partners, his parents and his nan. I hope thats all, but that will be scary enough.

Then the next day they are having a party in their house. All my boyfriends cousins and relatives wil all be there and most of them are my age (26). I am so nervous round lots of people and have had trouble with people my age before. I hate parties, they are too scary. I was bullied alot at school and in some other jobs I had after, which is why Im afraid of people my own age. Guys are ok, they are usually nice to me. Its girls Im wary of.

I think Il be having a bit of alcohol that day to calm my nerves around all those people. But it will be a challenge for me, if I can get through those 2 days ok, then I guess I can do anything lol

kt2222

Hey .. wow now that sounds a busy xmas!! ha ha ha.. No time for eastenders by the sounds of it!!!

Just try and take each day as it comes, dont think about it all in one go you may find boxing day will go great! and your confidence levels will rocket .. then the next family party will seem like a breeze

the other thing you have moved a new life new start .. chance for making new friends the good thing you already have one thing in common your essentially part of the same family!!

Have fun x x x

elleklobber

Thanks so much :)

I love it up here in Lancashire thanks. Where I came from, it was all flat and busy. But it seems alot quieter up here and I love all the mountains.

I went over to Manchester on a shopping trip with my boyfriend's mum and 2 sisters so Im slowly getting comfortable around them. But it is hard when you are shy.

But I have things planned for the new year to hopefully get me out more, because my boyfriend's family are very sociable people. Theyknow about my shyness, but only my bf truly knows about my SP/SA. But I hope to go clubbing next year. Of course alcohol will help, but I would love to not have to rely on anything to go out and enjoy myself