OH MY GOD!!

Ericisme

I 18\male and obviously I still live with my parents. Basicly everybody in my family are fat, I am not obese but still to fat for me, I am trying to lose some weight, but this DAMN family won't let me. Most the time I can get some salad, I eat it, but then my family walks in with there food and all that shit gets me pissed, they have to stare at me cuz im eating a salad, I am afraid to ask for more when its out cuz of that.

My birthday was on the 10th, my sister asked me what I wanted to eat for my bday, I said subway, its healthy and yummy. But my mom comes home with FRIED CHICKEN(!!!). Then a few other things get me so pissed and so more depressed I have to eat it, and cake to, which I said I didn't want! I try so hard to fight it, but she is sitting there saying how good there cake is, I just nearly wanted to punch her!

They always have to give me sooo many temptations, a box full of chicken in the fridge will never be eaten again, thats how they go, most leftovers never get eaten. So if I were to make a salad, I would feel guilty for wasting food. Most of the time I go fine, eat normaly, but sometimes they have to bring home some ice cream for me or something, honestly I turned all of that down for some reason I don't think of ice cream as that good, but just how they never give a shit about me and how I eat gets me pissed.

No I would never actualy hit them or harm them in anyway, I just take it out on myself by eating.

I don't know, I just am getting pissed and had to tell somebody, I really can't wait to move out. To bad thats gonna be after and IF I can ever get in shape, which if it all goes to plan with no stupid shit it could be in few months. I even asked my mom for sweat pants and one of them things to tell you how much you ran or whatever, both to help me lose weight, which I got from her for my birthday. Also she won't buy a scale for me either(xmas maybe?).

That was a lot of jiberish.

w*n*c*a*m

If we're neighbors, I won't mind eating your portion of food.... :p
or you might want to switch places with me because my family prefers to eat vegetables, salads, soups and seafoods (meat is so rare!)...
And even if I want to buy my own food, I also feel guilty when there are leftovers... so I I end up eating the foods that i do not like.
Ironic isn't it? You're asking for salad while I am craving for chicken. :wink:

Anyway, if you really want to be fit and you can't really help the temptation, just try to exercise and eat a very small portion of what they're offering you, then you can go with the salad. And about the excess foods... I dunno... maybe give it to somebody?

Ericisme

lol...Who am I gonna give it to, if anybody here wanted it, they would eat it. The thing is most of the time I will just add a litte of whatever is for supper and the salad, then I get depressed about eating the supper and eat more, I even will get a little upset that they wasted money on some food that is gonna sit there for a few weeks, so I might eat it. I can't wait to leave!

JonnyD

KkkKKK, i really know how you feel. i'm getting too fat because i don't walk out anymore, and i'm trying to keep a nice diet. But i ever fall in the temptation because my familly was always eating that fried stuff.

about a month ago i went to the medic and he said i was 89Kg (i think its 195 lbs) i said to myself, man i'm getting very, very fat!...
i knew it but i couldn't admit to people, what would people think? they would think i'm trying to get more attractive?? what they would think if i cant manage to do it?? But that day i told myself, man screw everybody, it my health going downhill not theirs. now i can openly say i'm trying to lose some weight.
Since then even my parents started to eat better, pop just retired and gained some pounds - so it's helping him too ;)....

It's not your moms fault, she was just trying to make please you in some way - because she thinks you like it. I think you should just tell them...
I think it's about a much more concerning thing then just how you look, it's your health - mental and physical.

Another thing, you should do some research in the matter, simplily cutting everything from your diet won't help much, when you do it your body try to conpensate by slowing your metabolist.

Rodox

I know how you feel,they just cant get it,and never will, I tried to tell them to stop it and why,but they wont,you have to do it yourself,buy something healtly to snack on,like nuts,fruits, home made sandwich or whatever you like,when you feel the urge to eat garbage,you snack on that,I put ketchup and mustard in almost everything I eat,so it tastes better and I get satisfied,leave 2 or 3 days a month where you can eat whatever you want,that works a bit for me.

Ericisme

I do exercise, to much, I went from never exercising to soo much in a single day for like a week or 2 that my ankle got messed up. It honestly seems like im addicted to it now, it calms me, I usualy take the dogs out for a walk to do it, go around a bunch of blocks a few times a night, only at night, so after my ankle started hurting I couldnt stop lol so then it got worse. But I think it is just fine soon.

I think I might just start throwing the food out, I hope nobody catches me doing it, I will get bitched at, even tho odds are nobody will eat it. :cry:

GloomySunday

It's great to read that you're so motivated to get into shape.

The bottom line is, you're eighteen. You're a man now, not a child. You can take care of your own meals and what you eat, not your family. If they insist on buying food that is high in calories, then you simply don't have to eat it. It's your choice. No one is making you. Be strong.

Learn how to cook. It will be great practice for you when you finally do leave home. I was hopeless when I first got my own place, I lived on pizzas and junk food for years before I finally learned! I now cook some really nice, healthy meals. It takes time and practice to learn, but you'll get there. I've ruined many a dish on my journey!

Exercising is a fantastic way to lose weight. I run four miles every day now. I also do weights, crunches and work out on a rowing machine. I make it fun...I have the rowing machine in front of the TV and watch a half hour comedy or a music video channel whilst I'm doing it. It makes me feel really good afterwards. I can think, focus and I know it does people more good than taking anti-depressants.

Take control...and go for it! It's in your hands... :D