oh my god guys please help me

Sue

just did an exam, a really easy one and i made a balls of it. i failed another exam. there was a part of it that i should of got right but i freaked out and did it wrong. its one of those questions you cant go back on because its done on computer. i feel like falling over on the floor and crawling under my desk. god why do i suck at these things so bad. why do i have to get scared about these stupid things. cant seem to be able to slow down and breathe. shit shit shit! :cry:

ScaredGirl

Hi Sue,

Breath girl we've all done it. How did you sleep the night before? What did you eat the morning of the exam? Did you go there on an empty stomach? Did you loose your concentration because the information in your head was not well studied or did you know the info inside and out but lost it due to anxiety?

SG

Sue

it was the anxiety.i never eat in the mornings it makes me sick. im sorry to worry you im ok now just so mad at myself for freaking out. thanks for being there man x

ScaredGirl

Hi Sue,

Talk to your doctor about this. I had trouble with insomnia the night before exams then would be exhausted I couldn't think. The pills helped a lot then by the end of university I stopped taking them.

Is it the large numbers of people in the room or fear of not remembering the information that brings on the anxiety?

SG

Sue

i know im always way too hard on myself. my standards are sky high

everyone knows me for being a perfectionist and always advise me to be alot more easy on myself.

i know what i have to do but i also think i have to stop these automatic negative thoughts (ANT's) out of my head as soon as i can.

thanks 4 post x

Sue

just did the exam and i feel alot better about it this time round
if i failed i dont care i did my best but i honestly dont think i did :)

Sue

shit guys just failed it again iv no idea how but there you go
bummer

ah fuck it i dont care anymore

black_mamba

What was the test on? If you think you'd pass it no problems under non-exam conditions this is the time to see your tutor, write him/her a letter/note or even an email?

ScaredGirl

Humm....Hiya sue......that's a bummer. I remember when I failed over and over again. I thought had done well on exams and would be shocked when the poor mark came it. Ultimately the problem lay in the fact that my study habits *and* methods of evaluating my own knowledge base were faulty. So I swallowed my pride and took courses on 'How to Study', 'How to Prepare for an Exam' and 'How to take lecture notes' offered through the university guidence department. Then, I did what they said ... and guess what?....much improved marks rolled in which later turned to A's when the study methods became natural. :D

The best part was leaving exams knowing what mark I would get because I truley knew what I did and did not know..... and.... all of that helped to reduce my anxiety :D Give it a try if your schools offers that...if not...find someone/someplace that does.

SG

Sue

thanks for the tip scared girl

its been a while since iv studied anything maybe i should do it just to see
only thing is im out of time. my new corse starts in september 5th so i cant. but to be honest if i want to get good marks il knuckle down.

the test i just did was of minimum importance.
i think i got bummed out because i hate failing

cody2468

When I was studying I used to do really well in normal classwork and assignments but when it came to exams I used to always bomb out. I'd get really nervous and my mind would go blank. Quite often I was so nervous I misread the question then got it wrong but afterwards I would kick myself as I knew the answer

Sue

cody2468 said:
When I was studying I used to do really well in normal classwork and assignments but when it came to exams I used to always bomb out.
I'd get really nervous and my mind would go blank. Quite often I was so nervous I misread the question then got it wrong but afterwards I would kick myself as I knew the answer

that is what my problem was. it was so easy that got cocky and didnt read the question proprly

you wouldent believe how easy that exam was. a 5 year old would nail it.

im nearly finnished this course now and starting work experience in the aquarium. im shitting bricks but i also cant wait. all the fishies :D