Ocd?

IDK94657

Yes thanks.
I have some of the symptoms, but not like washing hands. Actually I should wash my hands more often. But I guess I really do have OCD ::(:
And is checking your money for 5 minutes considered time-consuming? I fell like checking things does cost me some time, but not too much.

You should see a therapist if its making you anxious or taking up too much time, but if it doesn't bother you then your okay. :) 5 minutes isn't too bad, unless it's two or three times an hour.

krfoss

5 minutes may be a long time, depending on exactly what you are doing by "checking" your money. Are you checking the same amount or item repetitively? What would happen if you stopped or were interrupted during your checking? If you would feel anxious or nervous, like something bad may happen, then you should look into that.

Also, OCD comes in many flavors, not just washing hands. Are you doing anything else over and over again?

Hey.

I think I might have OCD, but I'm not sure so I hoped you could help me.

I have few rituals, but I don't count how many times I do things. I'm just always worried, that I might forget or lose something. For example my money. I have to count it like 5 times before I put it in my wallet. Then I have to take it back out again and count my money few more times. Then I put the wallet in my pocket and I have to check like every 30 seconds that its still there. And when I see that doors aren't completely opened/closed or some things aren't in their "right" place I try not to think about it, but I get very uncomfortable. So I have to open/close the doors and put things in their place.
I also have intrusive thoughts, mostly sexual. Sometimes I can't get rid of them for days. There's always something that reminds me back on them.
So do you think this is OCD? I would go to a psychiatrist, but I'm scared to talk to anyone about it.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you have OCD for sure. Go see a psychiatrist to make sure it doesn't get worse and treat the existing problem. You will be fine and don't feel ashamed, tons of otherwise normal people have OCD.