OCD Urges

Kezada

hey people, i noticed that alot of people got ocd in here and i was just wondering if any of you people get ocd "ugres" like i do.
these "urges" are thoughts that i get in my mind and cant get them out, and i feel this powerful "thing" inside me, like a gut feeling and i HAVE to act on the thought. this has caused me to get in to trouble with the police quite often and its all just messed up, but anyway i no this aint a ocd forum but i was just thnkin if you lot have the same problem as me. dont worry if u dont, cuz i will just no theres sumthing else wrong with my brain.lol l8r

Kezada

paul

Kezada -
what you're experiencing is not just you. I have a little OCD, but I don't get the "urges" that you're talking about. While I want to clean my school's walls and make my science teacher's handwriting un-shitty, I manage to control the urge to do it, even though it sometimes makes me physically uncomfortable sometimes.
OCD is different for everyone, and you may just have OCD. If you don't mind me asking, do these "urges" occur when or after you're on drugs or medication? That might have something to do with it.

I was reluctant to reply because I don't really know how much help I can offer. I hope something I said might have had a trace of helpfullness :wink:

Kezada

i had ocd since i can remember, i get stuff like "close the door 1 more time" but i can control that WHEN sum1 else is there but its more powerful when im on my own. but this is more like in the "mind" its sooo powerful it nearly always needs to be done. say i saw a brick on the floor and i get this thought of throwin it thru a car window, it would be hard to back off from that, theres an attiction to the rush of it aswell. ive had these things since i was a kid and wen i DIDNT smoke marijuana so u no...

Kezada

paul said:
Kezada -
what you're experiencing is not just you. I have a little OCD, but I don't get the "urges" that you're talking about. While I want to clean my school's walls and make my science teacher's handwriting un-shitty, I manage to control the urge to do it, even though it sometimes makes me physically uncomfortable sometimes.
OCD is different for everyone, and you may just have OCD. If you don't mind me asking, do these "urges" occur when or after you're on drugs or medication? That might have something to do with it.

I was reluctant to reply because I don't really know how much help I can offer. I hope something I said might have had a trace of helpfullness :wink:

hey paul yeh many ppl get the concept of OCD mixed up. they think OCD is an obsession with cleanliness and the urge for always having a clean room or doing things neatly etc....no doubt this may be a part of OCD for many ppl but for me having OCD meant something completely different, i don't give a shit about cleaning and i have a messy room etc. but for me OCD was like going back checking that a switch is turned off about 3-5 times before finally walking out the room, lol however i only ever had OCD midly in my opinion and i never saw any1 about it as i never let it totally control me and i found giving up OCD is a breaze compared to trying to give up sp. its just this stupid 'gut feeling' like kezada said or a voice inside your head that you can learn to ignore with enough will power i found. good day

…Ohhh and forgot to add that I did get those ‘urges’ like you kezada, and the feeling that I had to do something. it was like if I didn’t do it there was going to be some sort of negative consequence or something bad will happen? weird but I got over it, although i still have to check everything atleast twice before leaving my place.

Kezada

skins said:
…Ohhh and forgot to add that I did get those ‘urges’ like you kezada, and the feeling that I had to do something. it was like if I didn’t do it there was going to be some sort of negative consequence or something bad will happen? weird but I got over it, although i still have to check everything atleast twice before leaving my place.

na i dont get the "negative consequence or something bad will happen" thing, but i just feel i NEED to do it to get on with wat ever i was planin on doin. fucked up

Kezada

endo

this is why u may have thes urges

I think that when U hear a voice or an urge in your case its ur minds way of distracting you from whats really bothering you. I repeat thiers something thats just happend , stress? or negative things that have happend to you. and instead of you thinking about tho's bad things (pain) your mind distracts itself from whats really bothering you deep down, and so in ur case having obbessive thoughts are just that your minds way of trying to block out things u dont want to bring to the surface.

Zupper

hi,
im new here and i have no idea whats wrong with me........sometimes i get these urges that can be quite strong (but i resist them) what happened today has promted me to try and find an explanation....
i was chopping some onion (for a sandwich) and i got this terrible urge to hurt my cat with the knife (who was asleep in the kitchen) i love my cat to bits and would never even consider hurting him at all, i couldnt believe i had that thought. i feel ashamed to even think it. but it was a strong urge and i have no idea where it came from or why.

i had similar urges when i was younger too, like i would get the urge to break something that belonged to a loved one, or break something that had been bought for me by a loved one. but nothing like that before where i would think of hurting something/someone.
please help

YankeeBob

OCD observations

Gday . My name is Bob.

Should any of you have an obsession with lustful thinking/compulsive masterbation or sex you may find some of the following helpful:

1 ) Twelve Step Programs in Australia

There are SLAA, SA and SAA meetings in many ciites.

2) There is a valuable web site . Its called

www.recoverynation.com

3) Read Patrick Carnes groundbreaking book written in 1988, "Out of the Shadows".

By the way there is HOPE. It is possible to change.

By all means contact me if you want more information.