OCD in college

mr.germs

I'm really not sure what to do. I feel like I'm dead again and have nothing to live for. I've been at college for a week and my ocd is driving me crazy. I'm a huge germaphobe by the way. I don't drink or do anything crazy, so living in an atmosphere where people are so close makes me sick. I want to die when I have to use the bathroom and laundry is dreadful. People who live with me are messy and I'm not to close with anyone because of my ocd. I have four more years of this and I don't know if I am going to make it. I'm really close to my mom and I feel like I've let her down. Things were going better over the summer, but now I feel like I'm in the worst ocd rut of my life. I don't know who to talk to and I need to talk to some people really badly. If anyone went through something like this, I would really appreciate some advice.

Besides the ocd, I'm a really nice person and no one knows.

NightWolf

Hi.

I can’t really relate to all of what you’re going through since I don’t have OCD, but I’m having a pretty hard time at college as well ( I have social phobia) so I figured I would come and send you my support even if I don’t have a whole lot of advice. I can relate to the fact that you feel you’re disappointing your mom. My parents have been really great about helping me and trying to understand but they are both very outgoing and I also sometimes feel like I’m letting them down by not being normal, by not being able to cope well. You said that no one knows you are a nice person, well now I know and I’m someone. I’m sorry I can’t offer you any advice, but I’m sending you all the virtual support I can and my strong wishes that things get better for you.

IamThisOne

I hate it when I see how people are so messy. If I go over to someone's house I get disgusted when I see their bathroom and stuff.