OCD and Panic Attacks, Possible Treatment, Prozac

Hey everyone, I am new here. Lately, I've been going through a very rough time. I have had OCD symptoms since I was 7 years old, and I am now 21. Within the last year, I have been having bad panic attacks. I am now taking 1mg Klonopin everyday, at nighttime, to help me unwind, relax, and it is long lasting enough to prevent panic/anxiety attacks throughout the next day. However, my ocd is still very present. I brush my teeth much more than needed, I feel guilty if I do not do my daily jog, and I feel like I must check random things in a certain manner. I also experience unsettling thoughts, for example: if I brush my teeth, and I am following my routine, if I think of a bad thought, for example a friend/family member dying, as I complete part of my routine, I must repeat that step until I think of a good thought as I finish it. This really bothers me, and the Klonopin does not seem to help this. I am prescribed Prozac, but I have not started it yet. I am seriously considering it, and I have heard that in combination with the Klonopin, the coming up (first 6 weeks or so) of the Prozac will be much easier. Does anyone have experience with Prozac, and how it has helped his/her OCD? What dose did you start with, what did you build up to? How long did this process take? Also, if anyone is taking this same combination (Prozac, Klonopin) and has thoughts/comments, I would love to hear them. Thanks for reading my post!

Daniel

chris87

I have never taken Prozac, but I read from another site that 40-80 mg is recommended for OCD, with 60-80 mg being the most effective. I don't know how true this information is, so I would definitely talk to your doctor.