OCD and headaches

christinecanada

I find that the more people I talk to who have OCD have a lot of headaches. I usually get them after an episode, anyone with the same problem?

dooby-duck

I rarely ever get headaches anymore. I put it down to keeping hydrated. When I didn't drink as much as you are supposed to I frequently had them.

johnpreston

I definitely share headaches with my ocd events. Usually it starts of little but the more I engage the ocd the headache builds up. The brain lock that occurs after looping like a broken record is not necessarily the only factor, but when I try to fight is when I have the biggest headaches.

I find that the more people I talk to who have OCD have a lot of headaches. I usually get them after an episode, anyone with the same problem?

I have OCD and I was wondering the same thing. I think these headaches are tension headaches. I get them all the time. OCD creates a lot of tension headaches, at least to me.

MaxineRyder

I have OCD and definitely get headaches during episodes. I swaet too. I think it's all the overthinking and stress that causes the physical symptoms.
I hope you feel better.
Maxine xxx

jrm

yeah i get headaches from severe episodes too. I find i have to take a large does of pills and sleep it off.

My theory is that the headaches are caused by an imbalance of brain chemicals that spikes when a bad episode occurs - ocd is after all physiological as well as psychological

I'm new to communicating with people that have ocd, so I never heard about ocd causing head aches. I get lots of head aches. I never thought before that the cause could be my ocd.

dooby-duck

I'l tell you what I have noticed. When I'm stuck with a lot of thoughts I tend to get this tension and weighty feeling in my head. It's a bit like I'm wearing a helmet. It spreads down my neck as well.