Obsessions Over Celebrity Look-A-Likes

DWToCd

Hi everyone,
I have been dealing with OCD for over 10 years. Most of it is "Pure-O" with fears of something bad happening or fears of hurting others.

Recently I have figured out another behavior that may be related to OCD and am wondering if there is anyone out there that has had same obsessions?

I don't obsess about celebrities, but find I have an attraction for others that look like or look similar to a celebrity.
The first time it happened it wasn't that big of a deal. I thought someone had a striking resemblance to a celebrity. And I had an overwhelming feeling that I wanted to be friends with her. Wanted to know what she was doing and wanted her to like me!
We were friends up until I mentioned to her that she looked like certain celebrity. I must have acted strangely when I told her because she didn't talk to me after that.

The next couple times it happened to me, it has turned my life upside down.
I became attracted to a man that looked like a celebrity. I ended up having contact with him and eventually my then marriage ended and I began a relationship with celebrity look-a-like. It turns out that we had a lot in common and I am very happily married to him now. We also have a child together.

Now, it has happened to me again. I became attracted to a man that looks like a different celebrity. Obsessed about him for awhile until I couldn't handle it any longer. Eventually telling him that I had an attraction for him. Also saying that I didn't want anything to happen as I was happily married and didn't want to leave or have anything disrupt that relationship. Stating "I wish I had a (hall pass)". The fear of cheating on my husband was very prevalent. The repetitive thoughts did not stop and only got worse. Leading to thoughts of this man raping me. That's when I finally connected it with OCD and was able to stop the thoughts through behavioral therapy.
I wish I had realized what was going on in my head before I had said something. Maybe I could have worked it out and stopped obsessing, but I don't think it will disrupt my life if it happens again. I am completely aware now that this may be connected to my OCD.
I did tell my husband about it and we ended up going to therapy to work it out.

Anyone else have this happen to them?