Obsessing About a Particular Ambiance/Environment

sirkeled

I recently went on a trip to our province and that really made me homesick. I mean the environment/ambiance of the whole place is just too strange, dreamlike and sad. Add to that that I didn't have my family with me, only my friend.

So I was so excited to go back to our place (urban) after 2 sickening days only to discover that I would be obsessing about the ambiance of that saddening place when I arrive here. I mean I hate that place but the ambiance/feel of the environment is stuck in my mind and I can't get rid of it. Even though I am already at home, because of this obsession, I feel as though I'm still on that place. And it's making me really lonely. It's as if I can no longer remember the ambiance of our home/city because everywhere I look, it feels as though this is just the extension of that place. The feel of being home just won't sink in.

I know you've felt this too when you have gone for a trip and returned home. It's like feel of the place gets stuck in your mind for a while. But eventually it goes away as you begin to see familiar places and things. But mine's different. When I view the TV, it's as if I'm viewing the show from the province (whereas that TV station is only 30 mins. away from home). I get chills thinking that I would never get out of this dreamlike illusion/imagining. This is aggravated by the thought that I would be obsessing about it forever. One obsession is the obsession per se (dreamlike ambiance) and the other is the obsession over obsessing.

Could someone please help me out?