Not sure what to do with myself...

Scars

Hi everyone, I think I've already posted in pretty much every active thread on this forum already so this isn't going to be much of an intro but oh well :rolleyes:

I've been dealing with my problems for about a year or so now... or should I say avoiding :/ up until now. Nothing distracts or interests me anymore except love and solving my problems. I don't even remember how I came across this forum, but it's definitely what I needed to find right now. So I believe I finally have to face down my fears and move on with life... and hopefully feel loved (yeah I know, I say that way too much)...

I've been fantasizing about moving to somewhere new, to have a new, fresh start in a new culture and environment. Where nobody knows me, my past, or my problems and won't have any preconceived notions about me. Though I'm fairly certain that I won't be able to financially... and I just can't imagine moving anywhere else. I've prayed to whoever will answer me for guidance but I've received none...

SoulSeeker

Banned
You sound similar to me. I could do with just getting away from everything..my family, this house, my town..just away from it all. I need to be somewhere whereas i will be 'forced' to function on a daily basis..until i become used to it again. BDD keeps me housebound at the moment...but i do feel like i need to learn to be social around others again.

I also..just want to find someone to love..and someone who will love me for who i am. I hate being lonely and alone in this world. I want to find a soulmate..a companion...someone to enjoy things together with. Walks out with the dogs..holding hands..talking..just want to do this sometime..instead of feeling lonely all the time. Cuddling up together watching movies..having a laugh..i could go on forever. Just seems too complicated these days to find somebody who likes you for who you are..all of you.

Last edited:

Scars

@ SoulSeeker

Yeah, I actually thought the same thing when I was reading your posts while I was deciding whether or not to register here. It's scary sometimes how well I can relate.

SoulSeeker

Banned
I think somebody should let me move in with them for at least 3 months..and i'll promise i'll sort my head out..and play ya some awful guitar lol

Scars

I think somebody should let me move in with them for at least 3 months..and i'll promise i'll sort my head out..and play ya some awful guitar lol

That sounds nice... I have no doubt I'll have a wonderful dream about that tonight ::p:

Rem0

Well I truly believe that throwing yourself in a completely new environment can be very effective way to fight social phobia. It's because you finally start to think act and learn how to stand up for yourself.
I actually had an opportunity once to live for one week in a different country. I stayed at my relatives in a medium sized city in Germany. Man it was the best experience in my life. I mean, I've had a serious social anxiety disorder since high school but in that week I actually felt like a normal person. I remember I walked alone through half the city, had no problem talking to strangers or shopping in the mall. I felt confident, can't really explain why. I couldn't do any of these things where I live now.
I'm so sick and tired of this house and city I live in. I live in a country where depression and suicidal rates are one of the highest in Europe so it somehow affects me too. Luckily I have only one year left in university so I'm planning for some radical changes in my life after graduation.

Bren

Hi, I'm new to this forum, didn't realise that forums existed for people with social phobia. Fully identify with how you're feeling, sometimes wish I could start over somewhere new.

Think it's wrong to want to escape from your family?

Ours is very tight and sometimes feel that am too dependent on them and that in a way this is holding me back.

At the same time if it were not for their love and support not sure how I'd have gotten through the rough patches.