not sure if this is OCD....

ebrown314

so not too long ago i used to have this constant obsession of being aware of my breathing. i would hyperventilate until i felt as though i couldn't catch my breath. it was really terrifying because i couldn't ever relax nor get over the habit of controlling every breath i took, from the time i woke up until the time i fell asleep..... it was emotionally draining and distressing.

however, i got over it because i researched it... and found out the only way to overcome it would be to accept that it is happening and know that i will eventually get over it because it is natural.

after i got over that....... i have a new obsession and it has become SOOO irritating in whatever situation i am in.... it's blinking. yes, sounds soooo crazy and irrational. but it's true. it's a terrible habit, i am constantly aware of my blinking now. it stresses me out to a point where i'm just not motivated to do anything anymore. it's almost like it made me feel depressed. my mind cannot get off of my blinking. i am manually doing every single blink and it is so painful idk what to do. i can't focus on anything.... :( someone please tell me i'm not alone or at least give me some sort of hope/advice. i want to be the strong, happy and carefree girl that i know i am again. :/