Not responding to anti-depressants

Noca

Banned
I am on my 10th anti-depressant and my depression remains unmoved. I am clearly not responding to anti-depressants as I continue to go in and out of major depressive episodes for the past 5 years.::(: I'm lost as to what to do.... Just keep trying the entire pharmacy till I either run out of anti-depressants or die?

So far I have tried:

Prozac 30mg
Paxil 80mg
Lexapro 30mg
Wellbutrin 450mg
Cymbalta 60mg
Elavil 20mg
Remeron 45mg
Trazodone 100mg
Ritalin 54mg
Nortriptyline 25mg

Remus

Staff member
Looks like you've tried everything

There's always last chance salloon Lithium, my freind (bi-polar) is on it but it's very hard to get prescribed. My mate was put on it due to a failed suicide

Have you tried the diet and exercise route? I think that worked best for me even though I have meniere's disease (which makes exercise a challange)

market.garden

Yeah, perhaps trying alternative, more natural routes. I mean, it won't cure depression by itself or work over night, but it'll at least be a fresh alternative to medication.

Speak to a doctor about it too - perhaps a combination of meds and exercise/diet etc could be what you're looking for.

Danfalc

Banned
Sorry to hear that you havnt had any luck with anti depressants.I'm highly resistant to anti depressants.Ive been on practicaly every type out there.I didnt honestly think they would ever work,but a doctor recently put me on a combination which seemed to work for me.

So try not to give up hope.

Noca

Banned
My referral to the depression clinic was accepted. I just await an appointment. I only have 5 weeks left of school. After this semester is done, I'm going to check myself into the depression clinic as an inpatient and remain there for as long as it takes to overcome my depression. Its the best depression clinic in the province so I hope it can help.

Out of all my doctors, the only doctor who cared enough to listen to me and give me a referral was my blood-injury-phobia psychologist.

Maybe my life can have an happy ending after all. I don't know.