Not connecting...anyone?

Ayla

I don't feel like I belong anywhere. ..

ever hear of Maslow's hierarchy of needs? (psychology thing)

we need to meet (in order) our physical needs, security needs, then belonging needs...and suposedly you can't keep going if you don't meet that level. I keep trying to ignore that and shoot for self esteem, knowledge, justice and beauty, and so on....all levels above, but ultimately I am unsatisfied because I don't belong anywhere.

Does anybody know what I'm talking about??? How does one start 'belonging' when they don't?

Chilling__Echo

i know what you're talking about... hm, i'm not sure about how to go about belonging... i think it would just take meeting new people and connecting with them. i always felt i belonged somewhere when i volunteered at the cat shelter. people expected me to be somewhere and they knew i could do the tasks they asked me. i was a volunteer there. i belonged. maybe if you joined an organization it would help?

lostboi

I completely understand what your saying. I'v always felt like I was on the outside of everything in every situation. I'v never really felt like I belong anywhere. I'm not having a pity party here it's just I how I'v always felt. I don't know if that's my SA or not. probably is..

lostboi

I completely understand what your saying. I'v always felt like I was on the outside of everything in every situation. I'v never really felt like I belong anywhere. I'm not having a pity party here it's just I how I'v always felt. I don't know if that's my SA or not. probably is..

Ayla

thanks for all the replys!

in truth, I know what it is I need to do to belong...maybe just not how to do it? I mean, i know I could go out and join groups, etc, but I've done that and I don't know how to FEEL like I belong there...

but, still, I am determined to stay positive. there is a way that people who don't have SA do it, and I just have to learn how.

ultimately, when you don't know what your solution is, I think all you can do is just believe that it exists and that you will find it somehow.

(and its nice to know that there are other people out there who are looking as well.)

arrina

you have pretty much said exactly what i feel.
The thing is we move a lot me and my familly when i was young I partly blame that though not entirely It is difficult always being on the outside I am so afraid of rejection I hate feeling like i dont fit in And I know that it wont matter where i go in the world it will always be like this.
The best time I ever had was a job i had during the summer I actually felt like i fitted in and i became more talkative laughed a lot and some one actually wanted to go out with me!!! it was like living in a dream and this is what life should be like. I just wish this could be how it is for me now. I just need to find somewhere I can feel acepted.
I belielve that there is a place and time any one of us could fit in and feel acepted for who we are just have to find it!!!

Life is too dam tough!!!!!! wish it was easyer!

Invisible_Alien

LittleMissScareAll said:
I dont belong anywhere...I feel like an alien when I'm around other people.

I feel like an alien all the time. I wonder what planet I'm from. Anyone know what time the next spaceship takes off?