no motivation

deadboy

i have no motivation whatsoever. im unemployed and have nothing to do. i have terrible sleep habits, ill go to bed at 2:30 am and wake up at 12 noon and then take a nap sometime during the day cause i feel tired. after i eat i get really lightheaded and want to go to sleep and when im laying in bed trying to go to sleep i start worrying about stuff and i cant get to sleep. i need some sort of a goal or a job but i just have no motivation and i always feel tired and lazy. does anyone have any advice for me? or does anyone feel the same way?

Butterflies

Hi deadboy - sorry to hear you're feeling so badly. I think it is great that you are wanting to change something about your motivation.

My advice... start with small goals. I read a great book that got me started with goal setting. The Glend Bland Method of Success.

Write down a goal in these four areas:

Goal no. 1 Education (something to better yourself - even if it is the decision to read a self-help book to increase your self-esteem)

Goal no. 2: Spirituality (something to elighten your spirituality - could be getting to know God through prayer)

Goal no. 3: Money/Finance (could be to save $10 p/w - something. Could be to do an on-line course to improve your skills for job prospects)

Goal no. 4. Health&Wellness (could be a goal to walk around the block once a day - if you can't do that - maybe some form of exercise in the home and to eat healthy for a week)

Start small. After that right down where you ultimately want to be. Don't try and get there straight away. - Just go slowly.

You could use this forum to set your goals and the update all of us on how you are doing with it. I know I'd be interested to see how you are doing.

If you feel you are going somewhere in life (no matter how slowly) it will give you the courage to face each day with a new outlook.

You're not a "deadboy" yet. Maybe on the inside but it's time to be ALIVE!

recluse

deadboy said:
i have no motivation whatsoever. im unemployed and have nothing to do. i have terrible sleep habits, ill go to bed at 2:30 am and wake up at 12 noon and then take a nap sometime during the day cause i feel tired. after i eat i get really lightheaded and want to go to sleep and when im laying in bed trying to go to sleep i start worrying about stuff and i cant get to sleep. i need some sort of a goal or a job but i just have no motivation and i always feel tired and lazy. does anyone have any advice for me? or does anyone feel the same way?

Hi deadboy. I've been there i can tell you that. I'm fortunate that i've been employed constantly in the same company for 5 years now, but prior to that i've been unemployed twice for many months and it ain't a nice feeling. My sleeping habits were terrible during un-employment too, and i always felt tired and my mind felt foggy all the time. My insomnia was driving me mad and the one thing that helped was excercise and reading a book before going to sleep, and a hobby which you enjoy should help. Take care.

deadboy

wow! that was excellent advice! im gonna get off my ass and start out slowly and make something of myself. i just needed some advice on how to get moving and i thank you for giving me that. the thing is, i want a job and i want to have money in my pocket, its just that i have nothing to pay for and nothing to worry about financially. im just gonna set some goals and maybe buy a car that i have to make payments on so i have something to look forward to. but once again i thank you guys for the advice! :D