No More!

Horatio

I've had enough of this stupid SP and the lonliness that comes with it. I'm nearly 23 and am worse off than I was when I was 16 despite all my efforts to improve my situation.

Sure I might have a career now but I have even less social contact and the lonliness is unbearable. It is getting to the point where I think it would be better to be dead than live like this any longer.

Anyone got any last minute desperate plans I can put into action? I remember once reading a story about a snorkler who got his foot stuck in the rocks at low tide and had to stand up to breath but the tide was coming in. Eventually the water came up to his neck and was still rising so in desperation he took his diving knife and sawed off his own foot in order to survive.

Medication hasn't worked, Psyciatrists/Counsellors havent worked, making friends on internet hasnt worked, reading self help books hasnt worked, being gutsy and trying my best to meet people hasnt worked and right now Im like that diver, I need to do something desperate and soon or Im going to fucking drown, or is it too late already?

fuck it

Angie_05

Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to overcome SA that we forget we are still a person with SA or without it. Things will always be a struggle for us, and I believe we need to calm down with recovery and figure out ourselves if recovery isn't happening. Maybe it would be a good thing to take a break from all this psychological stuff and be yourself for awhile. And hey....you have the guts to post here about the problem so all hope isn't lost. You do what you can and that was brave.

Scottish_Player

First off i think that we need to stop telling ourselves we have a problem and that we cant do this and we cant do that because of it .i know how hard it is when your so close to sucide that your so scared that you might end up doing somthing but in your mind you know you dont realy want to and you just want to be happy like everyone else seems to be.For me personaly i dont think medication is the answer i think its all in my head and as nickabcuk has said it is the thinking that must change.

For me right now iam changing things in my life, iam not ready for pubs and clubs yet and i may never be but at the same time pubs and clubs are not realy my thing.Right now iam just going about my everyday life but iam putting a little more effort into it and trying to put a little more confidence into the things i do like at work for example.Ive have stopped reading up on Sa/Sp on the internet and i have stopped listening to all the depressing music i used to listen too and its helped so much.

I dont have a gf i dont have friends and i dont have a social life right now and iam not going to go chasing either,it will happen when it happens and not before.The more i think about what i dont have the worse it makes me feel so instead i think about the things i do have - a decent job - a decent car - my health - a family that cares about me and so on.

Like Angie_05 said "Maybe it would be a good thing to take a break from all this psychological stuff and be yourself for a while"

Sorry if i seem harh or offencive :oops:

maggie

Horatio...sometimes..especially after a horrible day....when i'm really low....i have to have faith that somehow....tomorrow might bring a better day than today...and just have hope for that and have some confidence and hope in myself and my own strength, cause at the end of the day....that is what gets me through all this bullshit

Scottish_Player

Cryptolysergick said:
Practice Nihilism, Im not quite there yet but seems to be where some people turn.

Ive never heard of Nihilism until you mentioned it and it seems very intresting,its going to be my study thing for the next few weeks now :D

pitkreet

Horatio, I reckon it might be worth sawing off your foot to see if it cures SA. It's worth a try, dude.....let us know if it works :D .

Failing that, read through this (very lengthy :x ) thread a few times http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt2713.html and try to absorb the advice. It won't instantly cure everything but I reckon it has the foundations of how to start improving your situation.

At the moment, you seem to be focusing on what is wrong in your life, what hasn't worked, the problems you have. I think you need to change the emphasis of your focus to a solution-based mindset. Think about what things you want from life and then think about how you might get these things, step by step. You want money? Think about how to rob a bank, etc. Hey, it won't be easy to do but don't blame me, it was nickabcuk who posted the thread so it's all his fault. :wink:

black_mamba

Out of concern; how the hell are you feeling today, Horatio? 8O

You seemed to have fallen into a pit along with me. Heres hoping thing improve...