No more friends for me

Moonie

I go through these waves of finding one or two people that I can talk to, hang with, and feel comfortable around (friends - I guess you call them hehe..) All the way up to mid-highschool I had a couple close neighborhood friends (girls). Until we all grew apart and stopped hanging out.

It wasn't until about 4 years later did I meet my next friend. I started messaging people that I found on an online dating site. I wasn't looking for love, just chat buddies. I met a guy I liked, drunkenly invited him out to the bar one night, and ended up dating him for almost 4 yrs. So he became my friend/bf.

The relationship grew rocky and we turned into an on-off couple. And during our off, I met another online friend and a new bf. Well, the online friend dumped me (he was a guy, and I guess he wanted more than friendship when I met the new guy.) And now, the new BF dumped me. We had a chance to get back together, but he was an ass and I said 'no.' Plus, he took little jabs at my shyness. I could tell he disliked it (probably because his family did.)

Now, I am worried that it will be another four years until I meet another friend/bf. Meeting girls is pretty much out of the question (I can't meet any for the life of me.) I wish I could seek out other friendless, shy people. I think my problem is, some of these people I have met are more social/outgoing, and they get tired of me so quickly. I don't know.

I am not exactly sure what my point is. Maybe I am just seeing if anyone can relate. If anyone has any advice to find some friends. If anyone can tell me that I can find someone who is completely okay with who I am?

miss_amy

I'm really wary of friends. I do have people I aquaint with but I tend to keep people at arms length. Everytime I've thought smeone is Ok and trusted them just a bit and let thm close they've done something not very nice to me. last so called friend stole confidential client lists from my business then set up in competition..she fell flat on her face but nasty cow.
I have people that I do chat with and meet up with but it's all very superficial now, they don't get to hear about my problems or anything too personal. I tend to chat to people online and locally who have the same hobbies as I do which gives you something to talk about other than the personal stuff. Too close scares me!

I think I get on with guys better than females. Guys who work for me seem to be a lot easier to talk to that the women. Huge generalisation here but men tend to be more black and white, no hints or sneakiness going on. Women can be evil and talk behind your back.