No girl friends

Moonie

I just realized that I haven't had a girl friend since about 1998/1999 (when I was about 15ish) My only two girl friends were girls that lived up the street from me- so I knew them from childhood. But we have since grew apart and moved on with our lives.

I have a couple guys that I talk to and hang out with- mainly exes and then a couple others that I have met (one from work, one from a bar). I thought to myself, 'Maybe I just have a hard time relating to girls?" And maybe that's true. But, then I realized, that these guys probably just want to hook up. And, I don't know what it is, but I can connect easier to these guys. Maybe because flirtatious behavior allows me to become more comfortable with them. And maybe because they are the only ones willing to talk to me- and thus, I become more comfortable with them.

However, I think it would be nice to have a girl friend again. But, I don't know how to meet and interact with them! And sometimes it embarrasses me that I don't have any girl friends. And it would be nice to have some friends that you don't have to worry about one thing leading to another- or what have you. I just don't have the social skills to meet girls. I am sure we could get along great, but I worry that they might also look down at me for my lack of social skills. As it seems like they are better at it- and the guys I know are kind of loners like me.

So, I guess this question is mainly for girls. But, how and where did you meet your girl friends? Any thoughts or advice from anyone is welcomed, though. Or any thoughts on whether guy-girl friendships can actually work out?

TAMPA-BAY

girlfriends

Wow at first I thought you were yet another male member who was ranting about not haveing a girlfriend.

Hey since the guys you hang out with are loners why not either find girls who are also loners or hang out with the guys females friends.

Atlantis

My only two girls friends !!!

I never had one and I'm 24.

Sorry, but you do not have the right to complain !