No energy to do anything

Anonymous

No energy to do anything! Does anyone else wake up in the morning feeling this way? Im constantly tired! Apparently this is part of being depressed, just want to know if anyone else feels like this. How do you overcome it!

Anonymous

Is it the medication you're on? I remember that Paxil made me drowsy all the time. Are you sleeping or lying in bed with your head spinning? I do a lot of the latter and not as much of the former as I would like.

Anonymous

I can sleep for hours, some times I sleep for 16 hours a day and I still don't want to wake up! It's the only real time that I feel relaxed but hate waking up, feel I sometimes don't want to face another day!

Can't be the medication, been like this for years. Only just started meds.

Thanks for your reply, appreciate it.

Anonymous

I can feel very tired I have been told it is because I use up a lot of my nervouse energy by attempting to do things I find difficult. It is even worse when I have to face two events in a day. For instance today I have to attend my last creative writing class. This is difficult because it is the last one and because despite the anxiety it causes I do enjoy coming to college. Later tonight I have to go to my Bible book study group. I have only just moved there and although I know the people there itstill is difficult towalk up to the door and ring the bell or join in the conversation after the study. I do not expect to have much energy tommorow.

Anonymous

Yep... sleep can be an escape. I never have trouble trying to get to sleep, because it really is my only escape from reality. I indulge in it.

carmen

people always says me that i looks tired. and ask me if I have i hard day. Before, I did response that no, but ultimally I response that yes, I'm a very tired day.
I think that It's by depression, that is cause of emotions' repression an sp.

carmen

I's a big problem. More in my job. Everbody see me tired an think that don't like my job or don't have energy enought to make it. Or think that my job seems me boring and that maybe i shoul be to find another job that yes like me.

Anonymous

I can sleep over 12 hours and still not want to get up, do you think it would be better to just get up and find things to do and then you would feel better?

Anonymous

I can sleep for 12 or 15 hours easily and still not want to get up. And then when I am awake I am always tired and don't feel like doing anything. Even sleeping can sometimes be stressful because in my dreams I usually still have social phobia and react to people the same way I do in real life.

Anonymous

i know how you feel. some days i sleep for hours and when i'm awake all i can seem to do i lie on my bed and listen to music.

but recently things have switched. yeah i can't sleep anymore. i am always awake but i don't feel like it. it's like i'm awake and asleep at the same time. :cry:

Orlando

Hi, Guest!

I have this sleeping problem too. It is my escape. I like it because I usually don't worry when I'm sleeping. I noticed that when my life gets very frantic or hectic I sleep more. I don't want to sleeping to disrupt my life. What happens if I'm a father and I have a fight with my adolescent son? Am I just going to sleep through my whole fatherhood? I can't. I won't. Or if I have a bad week at work, am I going to sleep away all my free time and then go to work. See, that's kinda like my problem. I don't do other things that I think will make me feel better (like guitar or singing). Instead, I will sleep...and when I get up, I feel disgusted with myself for being a lazy slob." It is a bad cycle of depression. Usually, I try to do something constructive or fun (that will take my mind off my troubles for a little while) before I go to sleep. I usually feel better and sleep sounder that I atleast done something. However, I'm not perfect. I slip sometimes.

BombCat

I feel exactly the same way as Orlando. Save all forum readers the hassle of reading the same thing.

monica

Same things happen to me,if i have to go out alone its too much for me
It requires more energy for me to do things outside when i come back i feel very tired and sleepy

Anonymous

Hello, i'm new to this - I began a few years ago with panic attacks in public, i have had a great deal of therapy. Now, years on i feel that it is effortful to go out in public - i think its my own self esteem. There is no reason behind it! Sometimes, i don't feel like getting up - i fear going out, however I get so bored that i do go out and its never as bad as i think it will be (9 times out of 10 anyway). Its strange to think that your mind is demanding that you do something that will be worse for you: staying in! It would be a wonderful thing to be one of those people who had never experianced anxiety! I worry that it will always be here no matter how hard i try to fight it. I wonder if any of you people have any clue where it comes from? Trauma in childhood? Genetics?