NLP

ignisfatuus

Funny you should mention this as NLP came up when I was talking to my psychologist earlier this week as a digression from the pseudo-philosophy of martial arts (don't ask). Anyways, he mentioned attending a conference on the therapy and was incredulous at the inanity of it. Apparently the Canadian Psychological Association has prohibited its use. I seem to remember someone touting it on this board though, can't recall who it was.

Septor

I heard they use a lot of new age ideas.Npl seems more like pseudo psychology from what I seen.

Zwang

Septor said:
Npl seems more like pseudo psychology from what I seen.

It is an old Thread but seems to be still open in a way... I`d call NLP a psychological school like any other but completely practical. There is no theoretical foundation no teaching of causes. This is very unusual of course and thus it must hit resistance with scientists.

One may also call it formalized hypnosis or a concentrate of hypno therapy, Gestalt therapy and family therapy.

Septor said:
Sounds like someone idea to make money.
No absolutely not. There is no snowball system, no hierarchy like in Reiki or so.

Yes it is helpful in many ways but certainly not the "green slimy cure against everything".