Nice Guys (and Girls...?) / Ladder Theory

introvert

:oops: well.. here's some terminology straight off the site :

* An intellectual whore is a man stuck at the top of a woman's non-sexual ladder; rather than connoting political abuse of scholarship, it connotes the use of platonic, intellectual companionship as payment in lieu of sex.

* An intellectual pimp is a woman for whom a man is her intellectual whore.

* A ninja bitch is an intellectual pimp who realizes that her intellectual whores are attracted to her sexually, and intentionally use that attraction to manipulate these men.

* A cuddle bitch is a guy who never gets to sleep with a girl but gets to have intimate moments with her like cuddling, spooning, or otherwise being affectionate. Usually this will occur in private. She probably considers him a really sweet guy, which is the kiss of death.

introvert

Zut alors! I have missed one... :?

* Friends with benefits are two persons who have a sexual realtionship without monogamy, commitment or emotional involvement. For example two good friends who have casual sex between more serious relationships.

Chilling__Echo

i've seen this theory before. i think guys should stop putting all the blame on the girls and making them look like the bitches.

it's not like we don't get rejected either. i've had it with the whole "nice guy" shit. there are nice girls out there too that suffer.

silverwolf

stop putting all the blame on the girls and making them look like the bitches.

We're not saying their bitches we are just saying they like bastards. It's at least partially true. But nice guys piss me off as well the type that suck up to girls so that they can get in their pants, they're even more annoying.

[/i]the silver wolf is back

Chilling__Echo

silverwolf said:
stop putting all the blame on the girls and making them look like the bitches.

We're not saying their bitches we are just saying they like bastards. It's at least partially true. But nice guys piss me off as well the type that suck up to girls so that they can get in their pants, they're even more annoying.

[/i]the silver wolf is back

yeah, i hear ya, and sorry if i came off sounding pissy, i was in a *mood* i still believe the theory has some true points. but it's a really pessimistic way to look at things. not all girls are like that, i think everyone gets frustrated with nonexistant partners from time to time... ok all the time. at least for me grr....

lawyerguy

Hmm..

I think the ladder theory has its points. However, I think its incumbant on guys to try and make a genuine effort. Shave, brush your teeth, smile, wear nice clothes. And try to speak with girls. if, after speaking with 50 or more girls and making your best effort at it, you are still dateless..then maybe you can start griping. I know its hard for shy guys. Believe me I know. But, its just one of those things that you have to work hard to do. Other people have to work hard at math, paying bills, I think its healthy that you can release your frustrations. but then you just have remember to get back on that horse...ask 50 more girls out...then you can wallow for a bit..and then so on and so on. Just remember not to be in the wallowing mindset when you are asking the girls out. Girls tend to not respond well to guys who gripe all the time about not getting girls. For some reason its not that sexy to them. That'll be a good compromise. At least when you're whining..no one can tell you.."stop whining and do something about it".

Monkeymagic

What ever happened to falling in love and romance?

This site talks about superficial sexual relationships.

All my friends in long term relationships are dating nice guys.

However- if the woman is looking for superficial sex- she'll go for a good- looking bastard- over a nice guy.

If the woman is looking for a long-term partner she'll choose the stable, intelligent, kind loving man who is not liable to eat her children after birth.

It is a myth that women never look for superficial sex. Women are just as horny as men.

If that's what you want- then demonstrate that you are a one-track minded animal who is not going to stick around and pester her afterwards- but be prepared that she won't stick around either. And also be prepared that she'll toss you aside for someone with a bigger pay check (and take yours as well) and better six-pack.

It would be great if all arseholes were honest about it from the beginning- that way they'd end up dating bitches like they deserve. Unfortunately alot of them pretend to be nice :roll: .

introvert said:
Strange strange theories... seem to make sense though. The abyss category certainly doesn't sound like much fun. 8O

Has anyone been the victim of a ninja bitch...? :?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_guy_syndrome

Horatio

lawyerguy said:
Hmm..

I think the ladder theory has its points. However, I think its incumbant on guys to try and make a genuine effort. Shave, brush your teeth, smile, wear nice clothes. And try to speak with girls. if, after speaking with 50 or more girls and making your best effort at it, you are still dateless..then maybe you can start griping. I know its hard for shy guys. Believe me I know. But, its just one of those things that you have to work hard to do. Other people have to work hard at math, paying bills, I think its healthy that you can release your frustrations. but then you just have remember to get back on that horse...ask 50 more girls out...then you can wallow for a bit..and then so on and so on. Just remember not to be in the wallowing mindset when you are asking the girls out. Girls tend to not respond well to guys who gripe all the time about not getting girls. For some reason its not that sexy to them. That'll be a good compromise. At least when you're whining..no one can tell you.."stop whining and do something about it".

is there a limit? how many times should a shy guy make an idiot of himself and be rejected before he gives up? its seriously not healthy to have so much rejection

I havent asked any girls out for years because I was rejected every time before then. I've probably asked a total of about 15 girls out in my life and none of them said yes... I really can't be bothered getting rejected and hurt again

in all honesty, I dont think I am or ever will be what a girl wants in a guy. I'm not confident, I'm not sexy, I'm not socially acceptable, I can't even talk without a stutter

I would rather try to eat a chainsaw than ask out another girl because I know it will be less painful

Nytro

then you may have just asked 15 girls who maybe arnt compatible with you. Im sure if you keep looking you'll find someone, but look in places of your interest too find women in that same intrest, and maybe you guys can hit it off, theres always someone for somebody.