NHL/Hockey

drganon

Anyone into NHL/Hockey? If so, talk about here. It doesn't have to be about any certain team, player, or whatever. Talk about other leagues like the KHL, AHL, ECHL is cool too.

DepravedFurball

I only pay attention to the NHL, and enjoy betting on the games through ProLine (legalized Ontario sports-gambling).

Lots of interesting moves through the off-season, eh? Tons of talent being shuffled around and such... I'm already thinking that a few teams from the bottom of the pack last year will be in contention for the top spots in this coming season. Dallas and Florida, especially. Oilers still need a couple of veteran D, but at least they've finally found a solution in net that isn't filled with more holes than a sieve. :p

Oh, and I'm expecting the Penguins to suck this year, after getting rid of James Neal...

drganon

I only pay attention to the NHL, and enjoy betting on the games through ProLine (legalized Ontario sports-gambling).

Lots of interesting moves through the off-season, eh? Tons of talent being shuffled around and such... I'm already thinking that a few teams from the bottom of the pack last year will be in contention for the top spots in this coming season. Dallas and Florida, especially. Oilers still need a couple of veteran D, but at least they've finally found a solution in net that isn't filled with more holes than a sieve. :p

Oh, and I'm expecting the Penguins to suck this year, after getting rid of James Neal...

Yeah, unfortunately my team, the Hurricanes, probably won't do well this upcoming season. Not enough has changed as of yet. We're still stuck with Cam Ward. At the very least, our old GM is now ruining the Penguins instead of us.:)

Tuukka40

I love hockey!! My screen name is for Tuukka Rask...my favorite goalie on my favorite team, the Boston Bruins.
I recently got done playing junior hockey. Played some time in the NAHL and short stint in the USHL (practice only). But played most of my career out east in the Atlantic Junior Hockey League.
S/A, injuries, and general lack of talent all played part in me recently hanging 'em up.

I grew up going to AHL games...the team closest to me actually has very very very fair ticket prices.
I still follow all leagues from the NHL down to the SPHL and FHL. I have a few buddies who worked for my goalie coach and helped train me, who were NCAA goalies when I was in high school. Now they're all over. Some in the SPHL, ECHL, AHL, and Italy-A. So I like to keep tabs on how they're doing and overall, I'm just generally interested in all levels of hockey.

I love goaltending and everything about the position. And, naturally I'm a goalie, and goalies have a high reputation for being weird...haha

drganon

I love hockey!! My screen name is for Tuukka Rask...my favorite goalie on my favorite team, the Boston Bruins.
I recently got done playing junior hockey. Played some time in the NAHL and short stint in the USHL (practice only). But played most of my career out east in the Atlantic Junior Hockey League.
S/A, injuries, and general lack of talent all played part in me recently hanging 'em up.

I grew up going to AHL games...the team closest to me actually has very very very fair ticket prices.
I still follow all leagues from the NHL down to the SPHL and FHL. I have a few buddies who worked for my goalie coach and helped train me, who were NCAA goalies when I was in high school. Now they're all over. Some in the SPHL, ECHL, AHL, and Italy-A. So I like to keep tabs on how they're doing and overall, I'm just generally interested in all levels of hockey.

I love goaltending and everything about the position. And, naturally I'm a goalie, and goalies have a high reputation for being weird...haha

I love to watch hockey, play hockey video games,etc., but couldn't skate to save my life, so actually playing is out of the question for me personally. That and I live in North Carolina, where it rarely snows and the only ice rink I know of is all the way in Raleigh.

On another note, I've heard quite a bit about Rask lately. I know he won the best goaltender award at this year's NHL awards. I wish my teams goalie was as good. The last few seasons have left a lot to be desired. I'm hoping against hope this upcoming season he turns it around, so to speak.