Newbie!

neko

I'm not very good at introductions but..

Hello, I'm neko (which means cat in Japanese), I'm female, 19 yrs old and have social phobia since a few years. I came on this forums in hope to seek people who would understand what I'm going through and maybe find some extra comfort and support.

A little info about myself, I live in the UK but I'm Canadian, from Quebec to be more precise, so French is my first language, sorry if I make any mistakes. I moved here to live with my fiancé and to have someone to support me. I like cats, they're one of my biggest comforts! Art and video games are two of my hobbies and I'm quite geeky to be honest (not something I would admit irl). I'm quite passionate about languages and especially Asian ones, as all of their different cultures fascinates me.

I have social phobia since a few years, it began in my teens or maybe even earlier, in my childhood, I'm not quite sure when it happened. I went to a few psychologists but it never really helped me that much, maybe made it even worse... I think also a part of me didn't want help from someone else as well... I wanted to get better by myself but I realise it's very hard to do. I'm currently unemployed because it terrifies me to be with people I don't know and it's something I have thought of doing very often but I just can't bring myself to do.

I think I'll keep it at this for now, I already typed too many words, I wouldn't want to bore anyone out! ::p: So see you around the forums and I hope I can get to know some of you people better. I'm very shy and nervous myself so don't be scared of talking to me, as talking to someone is more than welcomed.