NEWBIE NEEDS HELP

WAYNEE

hi ive finally registered after browsing for a few weeks.
im 28 with socialanxiety and in a pretty desperate situation.I would like to know what meds you guys take and how effective they are as im gonna bite the bullet and start taking something other than booze to get me through this hellish life,plus the fact i need to get a job otherwise il be homeless at xmas(again)
What meds work for u?

WAYNEE said:
hi I've finally registered after browsing for a few weeks.
I'm 28 with social anxiety and in a pretty desperate situation. I would like to know what meds you guys take and how effective they are as I'm gonna bite the bullet and start taking something other than booze to get me through this hellish life, plus the fact i need to get a job otherwise il be homeless at xmas (again)
What meds work for u?

Meds didn't work for me. Nor did CBT. The only thing that has helped me is Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT can be done using a $20 self-help workbook. ACT has even helped me go back to a job I lost while trying meds and CBT. One of the best ACT self-help workbooks is called "Get Out of Your Mind & Into Your Life" by Dr. Steven Hayes. Do yourself a favor and look into ACT.

SocialRetahd

I sometimes wonder if you are just here to spam ACT. I know that companies employee people to post on forums.

SocialRetahd said:
I sometimes wonder if you are just here to spam ACT. I know that companies employee people to post on forums.

No, I don't get paid to talk about ACT, I'm just trying to help.