New Zealand

slapstick

sorry im quite new on this website and not exactly a whiz on computers in general so I jus spotted this part, NEWAYS im from auckland and Im 23 can any one tell me why da chat thing dont work its coming up in spanish or sumthing

Sn0wman

Hi all,

I'm 29, currently living in Wellington. Moved here from Aus a few months ago after being offered a great job. I knew absolutely no one here, so I thought making this bold/crazy move would force me to tackle my SA head on and hopefully cure it. Well it felt great at first, the excitement of a new job/place/country eclipsed my SA temporarily. But now I'm reverting back to my old people-avoiding patterns. Even though I'm out and about, I spend most weekends alone, it makes me feel safe but I do miss company.

Anyway just wanted to say hey to everyone in NZ. Anyone in Welly who wants meet up for a drink/coffee please gimme a yell, I'd really like to make some friends (outside work) while I'm here.

J

Sn0wman

This was a once in a lifetime chance, I knew if I didn't take I would regret it forever. I guess that was a pretty major motivation.

sas

Hello Sn0wman and All

Wellington is not a bad place to land, if not the airport :roll:

I am a newbie on this site for kiwis. I have had SA for a long time and if anyone wants to chat and reflect that would be great. I'm not sure if there is enough of us here to ask if there is anyone out there that has been there and done that, and well, got to the fuck it stage? I managed to meet a SA person on one occassion who sort of was settled past this point. At the time I just couldn't take it in. I'm not sure I am making sense so will leave this post open...

Wooo fucking hooo. 3 hours ago I was crapping it about even googling anxiety, because i thought someone might see it in my history searches, and now here I am on an online forum, professing it to the world!

Living in Welly, 28 year old guy, working in science, and every day i shit myself about interacting with people!

Always self medicated through drugs (bad mistake) and booze (on going).

Trying to be healthier and self medicate with exercise - if i run/bike/swim for a few hours a day, i'm too tired to get quite so nervous,

But then that doesn't get you through social interactions like talking to your room mates or work colleagues...

Sn0wman said:
Hi all,

I'm 29, currently living in Wellington. Moved here from Aus a few months ago after being offered a great job. I knew absolutely no one here, so I thought making this bold/crazy move would force me to tackle my SA head on and hopefully cure it. Well it felt great at first, the excitement of a new job/place/country eclipsed my SA temporarily. But now I'm reverting back to my old people-avoiding patterns. Even though I'm out and about, I spend most weekends alone, it makes me feel safe but I do miss company.

Anyway just wanted to say hey to everyone in NZ. Anyone in Welly who wants meet up for a drink/coffee please gimme a yell, I'd really like to make some friends (outside work) while I'm here.

J

Yeah, similar situation - moved here with a plan to tackle things head on and forget this anxiety shit, but of course it slowly and incipiently creeps back in.

I couldn't meet you for a coffee or a drink, because I would freak the fuck out and probably start sweating everywhere, but if you are into sporting around, I'd be up for mountain biking/tennis or something....

Jesus, meeting up with someone and your common bond is being social fuckups. That would be a trip!

Len

One small step for man one giant leap to recovery!

Hi I am 28 year old male from Wellington and looking to tackle my anxiety disorders. I figured that it would be good to find like-minded people and form a support group or something in the Wellington area. Some ideas:

Meet up for drinks somewhere quiet and discuss strategies/ideas.
Start a new hobby - I am all for self-improvement but lack motivation.
Make friends.
Help each other with improving people skills.
Have a laugh - try not to take life too seriously.

Who's with me?

Come on...don't procrastinate like you always do. What you got to lose.
Please do not hesitate to message me.

Cheers

Sn0wman

dont_swallow, Len,

Let's do this thing. I'm into cycling, tennis, photography, poker and up for trying anything new, really.

Or even just a simple walk along the water with a takeaway coffee. We can let the scenery distract us from the awkward silences that are bound to occur :)

Anyone else in Welly want to join?