New to this site

Horatio

Hi there,

Im a 22 year old Kiwi guy who has been hovering around the forum for a while but havent posted yet.

I have depression and socialphobia and am having a very hard time with it at the moment, although Im making regular trips to doctors and am on medication it still seems to get worse and now dominates my life, me having to put my career on hold, move back to my parents house and now spend most my time in my room alone.

I know it sounds silly but even though Im only 22 I feel like my life is already over and I dread living like this knowing what Im missing out on. Does anyone else feel like just giving up?

It was a relief for me to find this forum and realise that other people experienced similiar things to me, for the best part of a decade I felt like I was the only person that felt like this.

Horatio

Horatio

thanks worrydoll. for a long time Ive blamed my condition on myself for being a loser but Im starting to try and turn that way of thinking around

terresap

Hi Horatio
wave2.gif

I know it sounds silly but even though Im only 22 I feel like my life is already over and I dread living like this knowing what Im missing out on. Does anyone else feel like just giving up?
I feel exactly the same, but why give up? It can only get better right? Im 27 and feel like an old lady living in a cage and missing out on so many things, but I know one day I will be stronger and im looking forward to one day being able to do some of those things that im missing out on.
Thats great that your trying to turn around your way of thinking,
Hopefully you can see that one day you could be doing those things that your missing out on too ??

JWH

What do you feel triggered the depression & SP? I am assuming the SP milder when you were away from home?

I don't so much worry about what I'm missing out on, but how I function in society. How I'm going to survive when I'm going on 30. I'm always planning for something that isn't going to happen, something that I don't want to finish. So I'm fully aware of what is lacking, but never do what is needed.