New to robinul

Meganglr

Hello all,

I have been reading and reading about the robinul I was prescribed on Monday and am more confused than ever. I guess I only have two questions. It is my fourth day on 2mgx2. Is this the best result I'll get? It doesn't seem to be doing much for me at this point. It kinda sorta works a little but not near enough to call it a win. So does this take time to really build up in the system? Also, side effects, they're just enough to be super annoying. I've felt like I have a cold since the very first pill. Dry nose, eyes and mouth. Will this get better with time? Not sure that this is the answer for me yet but I'd like to know what I'm getting myself into. Thanks in advance or any advice :)

surewhynot

No one can answer those questions for you other than your doctor. Even if you found someone who took the same meds, everyone's situation is different, and his or her results could vary greatly from yours.

NickM

The doctor isn't going to be able to tell you anything to answer any of your questions from this point out. I recommend a trail and error approach. There is just not enough concrete knowledge for anyone to give a for-sure answer to those questions. Everyone's body reacts differently to drugs.

margiehope

It's a very common topic, just read the recent back posts

I'm just remembering that it took me a long time to FIND the back posts. A little slow.

Anyway, if you're new, scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll find several posts on similar threads.:applause:

Modam

If I were you, I'd try taking less. Try 2mg in the morning before you've eaten. Glyco takes a few hours to kick in, so if you take it around 8am, see how you feel around noon. If you aren't dry, then try 3mg in the morning on the next day.

You can also experiment with afternoon pills, but those never work for me. I find that I need the pills to work during the work day, and afternoon pills don't start working until dinner, when I don't really need it anyway.

As others have said, it's all about trial and error. But many have found that the pills are not effective unless taken in the morning before you've eaten and that they take some hours to really work on your sweating.