New product -- not really

tbanner523

A New product in a style magazine: Just marketing hype, with the simple aluminum ingredient found in most high-powered anti-perspirants. As to the the other ingredients, who knows, but I suspect that its sweat inhibiting properties are soley due to the aluminum:

DERMAdoctor MED e TATE injection-free medicated hyperhidrosis control wipes | DERMAdoctor

Christ, I wish I would have thought of this first, there are so many versions of these 'high powered' anti-perspirants, that essentially do the same thing. Claiming botox in a hand wipe (given that so many people get botox for sweating now, even celebs without HH), is genius.

In any case, I could be wrong, and it might be more effective, I am not holding my breath.

Stuckwithme

I dont care about stuff like that because if it would help I would know about since I have constant contact with some of the leading doctors and dermatoligists in Hyperhidrosis.

Stuckwithme

Currently their main treatment is Botox which they are really skillfull with (maybe you have read my botox thread) and also to some degree medicine. But he told me that there is good hope and that new treatments and medicines will come. But he also told me that no one really fully understands the dynamics of HH.

Regarding the stuff you wrote about here, you are correct about the aluminium chloride. That is always the basic ingredient and then they add some natural stuff or whatever to get peoples hopes up. I stopped listening long ago. Those people just live off of our misery. If the strong perscription 30% aluminium chloride doesnt work, why would this crap work? Also aluminium chloride is not what is going to solve or problems. It has been tried for many years and we won't come any further with that.

Im sorry about my negativity, but I'm really sick of people trying to make money on our misery.

Last edited:

MyHyperhidrosis

I've tried it, doesn't work for me. I think there is no hope for my hand sweating with topical treatments. HOWEVER, since I've heard of it, I have blogged about it in hopes others will benefit. I think any treatment should be given a fair chance to anyone who is willing to try it.

tbanner523

Not surprising that it didn't, how bad is your HH? I notice that you are supposed to use it on the spot, rather than applying it before bed.

darknight

The MitchumDeo Uscent has a 3 pack now that has 25% gly in it. :)

Hopefully they will comeup with a 30% one soon