New on this really hoping to gets one good ideas to help

Just-lost

New to this!

I have only just found out about this site after having what has been the biggest breakdown I could ever have..... I have known that I have severe social anxiety and manic depression for a while but the day I took Prozac was the day my life took a huge turn for the worst. I lost who I thought was the love of my life and all my friends have disappeared... I've now stopped the Prozac and they have put me on Valium for a little while to counteract the withdrawal symptoms of Prozac.... I keep having these really manic like feelings every so often. I'd really love to hear that other people managed to get through this because right now I'm totally lost and at Rock bottom I have to pick myself back up but just don't know where to start my psychiatric nurse really dosent seem to be doing much for me personally... Thanks for taking the time to read and advice will be seriously greatly recieved <3 peace x

Last edited:

worrywort

Hi Becca, welcome to the site :)

I'm not an expert but I've struggled with Social Anxiety and Depression most of my life and I definitely believe there is hope. Absolutely!

When I was at my lowest point in life, one of the things that helped me was to start small and take baby steps. My mind was like a really messy room, and I decided the best thing to do would be to just start anywhere. Just start with any small problem and try to fix it. Then move to the next and so on. And slowly but surely I began to clear the clutter in my mind and regain a sense of control and calm. To every problem there is a solution, sometimes it's a deep philosophical solution, sometimes you need to take action, sometimes a chemical/medicinal solution is needed, but the answers are most definitely out there.

But don't give up, things do get better. Personally I believe we each have our own purpose in life, and often those who go through the greatest pains learn the greatest lessons and have the most to offer the world. Did you know manic depression is really common amongst notable/famous people? If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me.