New here

shivers

Hello. I am new here. Just turned 29 years old. I suffer from anxiety and depression, but I think I am starting to become agoraphobic. I never want to leave my house anymore. It seems the only place that I am not feeling like I am going to have a heart attack anymore. Whenever I go out anymore I feel like I am going to die every minute. It is like my anxiety attacks, but the meds dont seem to help and I want to run away back to my house where I know I am safe.

Please tell me that I am not the only one out there that feels like they are going crazy. No body around me seems to understand or care about what I am going through. They all think I am acting like an ass and should just get over it...but I cant.

Help me please.

Gloria

Linds

Oh sweety you are definitly not alone before i found out what social phobia i was feeling a lot like you are now. I didn't feel comfortable going out alone and no one seemed to understand what was wrong.
I think you'll get a lot from this website. there are a lot of people who have been and are where u are now.
welcome and i hope the site helps you :D

Linds

Septor

Welcome to spw shivers.

Yea you are far from the only person out that that suffers with those problems.I use to have agoraphobia really bad to but I have gotten better over the years.Stick around on spw you will find that there a lot of people that understand what you going through.Good luck

corrinaelizabeth

my mum can be really understanding bout my agoraphobia sp and depression but when i have really bad days crying etc 4 no reason and all i want is a hug(shes not a touchy feely person)she gets really pissed off wit me and just wishes i was "normal" i think im 2 much of a burden 4 her and thats y i am looking in2 going in to a residential unit for ppl with my probs 2 get more intensive help and 2 give mum and dad a break coz its not fair on them either ne way good luck maybe u need 2 go bac 2 docs so he can review ur meds maybe ur not on the right sort 4 u,and r u cin a therapist or ne 1 or have ne self help books?im always here if u need 2 talk im or pm me ne time xx

smeghead

i understand u im in the same siyuation its bad but if u write to ur gp and ask to be sent to a specialit thts wat i done