new here

ali123

Well hi everyone
Like the title says I am new to this whole site, and I'm so amazed to find a place where there are people like me........I can post in a few of these forums as i have some issues. It's so nice to know i am not the only one like this, i feel like the only person who isn't a 12 year old school girl who still blushes, so I'm glad to know I'm not.
I don't really know the "routine" for this, so I'm just going to go ahead and say a little about myself. I'm Ali, I'm 24, and I have problems with blushing and also low self esteem and shyness/possibly social anxiety although I think I'm more severely shy, couldn't be certain though as I'm not too sure of the difference.
The times I blush are usually when I get attention on me, sometimes I will be fine with attention on it's own but if I say something which i know people will have different opinions on I blush....Like if i say it's warm out when I get into work and everyone turns to me to ask how warm etc I'm fine, If i say at work I don't agree with say, someone in the news being sent to prison for something, I know not everyone will agree and then I blush. I guess I think ,my opinion isn't worth a lot or something...Also I blush when someone of authority is around, even if they don't speak to me. i get really embarassed over this, my line managers are women but my boss is a man and if he is about I get caught into a vicous circle, thinking im going to go red if he talks to me, then i do go red, then i worry everyone will think i have gone red as I'm attracted to him and blush even more. basically, I get myself into a state! I also blush around people who I want to think well of me, like my boyfriends family and friends. It's miserable, and I get so so sick of being told "oooh, you've gone red". I did once pluck up the coursge to make a GP appointment, and my doctors receptionist said "Well, I've never heard such a thing, um...hold on i don't really know what ot do with you" She did book me in, but made me feel like a complete freak so i didn't go in the end!
Also, and this is more annoying, I go red without feeling embarassed or anything! I have done nothing wrong, my face doesn't get warm, I don't know i'm blushing until someone tells me, what's that all about?!
Phew.......so that's me, looking forward to talking to you! And also, if anyone has any tips that would be awesome :) I'm working on my self cnofidence/esteem so I'm hoping that will make things a little better

Hi there and welcome. You don't happen to play starcraft do you? Your name seems familiar somehow...