New here - My Story

SweatinIt

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I'm glad to have found a place where I can converse with others going through the same t hing.

I'm 27 years old and I've dealt with excessive sweating all over (face, back, chest, my hands on occasion), and my under arms since I was at least 12 years old.

I have Cerebral Palsy so I walk with crutches and always thought that it was just because I'm exerting more effort to get around. But it got to the point where just going from the car into hot weather into an air conditioned store would get me sweating. This night for example, I went out to put something on the grill and I was fine, I came back and I was sweating. I'm at the point where I feel like I can't function at all, especially in this hot weather. In cooler weather it's alittle better around the house, but forgot going to into stores. I still sweat then.

Yesterday my doc put my on Lexopram. 1mg twice a day for a week and we'll see how it works. I've been having trouble sleeping so he thought this would relax me and help, which it seems to be, but he thought i tmight help the sweating too. So far I'm going to say no. I did sweat or manage my sweating a bit better today but the day was cooler.

Is there anything that someome with all over sweating problems has tried that has atleast drastically reduced the events? I used to use Odaban for my arms but I hated having to keep ordering it. I went to Certain-Dri an dthat worked for my underarms of course, but right now my underarms practically don't sweat at all and all I'm using are over the counter d/a. Right now I think I'm using Degree...but it works.

SweatinIt

Well can some products they say "underarms only" be applied elsewhere? I used Certain-Dri with success and was wondering if it could be applied to my forehead and middle of my back and possibly work?

SweatinIt

Well I've been on Lexopram and I don't really think it's helping me. It MAY be reducing the sweating a bit, but I'm not sure.

I have been applying Certain Dri at night and the Certain Dri-AM in the morning, all over. Forehead, all over my hair to try to get to the scalp, my back 9where I can reach) my forearms, and even though I haven't had a problem with them as much recently (though I use to) my underarms. What I have noticed is not really a decrease of sweating episodes, but rather, when I do sweat, the sweat seems to just pool up, it doesn't drip. So it's not obvious to others than I'm sweating and it doesn't feel AS uncomfortable to me. If I start to get stressed, then it gets worse (like today when I was doing work around the house). I have noticed too that the sweat especially on my back evaporates really quickly now. Though I used to have a really hair back and just started shaving it, that might be part of it. But even on my forehead it seems to evapore quicker.

I'm going to the Dr tomorrow so I'll mention Robinul, Avert, and Oxybutinin to him, though Oxybutinin is a bladder related medication isn't it to control frequent urination? I have bladder troubles so I may not be able to use that. But I do get frequent urination sometimes so that might help *lol*