New Here... I've had SA for A Decade Now....

decadeOfSA

I'm glad I found this site. I've had SA for about a decade now and it has dramatically altered my life. After trying a lot of meds and stuff(I never gave therapy a disciplined shot though), I finally found something that allows me to function like most people. Xanax XR. I'm 29 now and back in college working on a degree. Before I discovered Xanax XR, I had to be doped up on Klonopin to do anything around people and what I could do and for how long was limited. Being around anything with a good deal of people and/or involved some kind of performance for an extended period of time was out of the question. Luckily I am able to make a living out of my home. I am going back to school full time now thanks to Xanax XR. I still have some anxiety, but it is a lot better now on Xanax XR. I don't look forward to the required Speech class. I don't know what I'm going to do to get past that. I've been pretty much a recluse because of this affliction and it really sucks. Anyway, I hope all of you find something that helps. Maybe try Xanax XR if you haven't. If I could go back in time I would have tried to work harder at therapy instead of just avoiding people. Good Luck.

decadeOfSA

The_Crusader said:
I hope everything turns out well for you!

Thank you. Me too. I'm hoping that being around people and being pretty calm from the Xanax XR will help me uncondition my conditioned responses(nervousness) to people. Hopefully calm will be associated with people instead of nervousness over time.