new here and SAI

losinghope

Hello all. I'm new here. I have lived with social anxiety disorder for almost twenty years. I am now 31 and not long ago decided to give up hope once and for all of ever getting help. I've tried numerous medications and doctors/therapists none of which have been able to help me. I really wanted to post in here an excellent resource I found on the web. Maybe you all have heard of it. It's called the Social Anxiety Institute. I dare say it has brought me a bit of hope. I don't know if we are allowed to post links but a search on google will easily find it. Please check it out if you haven't.

redlady

Hi losinghope i am glad to hear that you in fact are not losinghope - oh dear i tend to do that i just can't help myself - i am a self confessed goofball in the sense of humour stakes. So a big cheery welcome to you, glad you could join us here in our friendly little world - you will most certainly be welcomed with open arms.
Oh and thanks for the link i'll check it out - and yeah you can post links lots of people have it's cool. :D

sensitive

hi losinghope (i hope u if u still have hope) welcome to here my friend :D . i have had it for 5 years, not long comparing to you. actually it was discovered just in 1980s. i am thinking to post a new topic about if it was existed prehistory. is that possible? 8O

redlady

Exist pre history - i doubt it, back in those days people had to work together in order to survive, everybody worked in collective harmony.

sensitive

redlady said:
Exist pre history - i doubt it, back in those days people had to work together in order to survive, everybody worked in collective harmony.

i disagree with u honey. plz nobody rebly to this, i want to make a new topic about it 8)

losinghope

redlady said:
Hi losinghope i am glad to hear that you in fact are not losinghope - oh dear i tend to do that i just can't help myself - i am a self confessed goofball in the sense of humour stakes. So a big cheery welcome to you, glad you could join us here in our friendly little world - you will most certainly be welcomed with open arms.
Oh and thanks for the link i'll check it out - and yeah you can post links lots of people have it's cool. :D

lol! Thanks for the welcome redlady.

And since I can post links, here is a link to a site that is connected to the SAI. It has loads of information as well as some inspiring stories from others who have gotten better. Check it out!

www.social-anxiety-network.com

Hope to see you all around. hmmm maybe I should change my screen name? It is kind of depressing.

redlady

I knew i would find my fellow strange pea in a pod someday. Oh do you think you could just go with me here, i know you hate peas - what's another pod - um........ :idea: how about a nutshell - yes and it;s quite sybolic as well :lol:

redlady

Yes i have thought it strange - a quasi terminator thing going on - 9:44 you will be off to bed soon - i'll say a goodnight now in anticipation.

redlady

Enjoy it? Our little tete-a-tete, if so then of course and if so to the second question then of course. :D Okay i will leave you alone now.

redlady

McShy wrote:

Senna-pod..look it up, it's appropriate for my mood this week.

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like shit - but i don't think you and i should share a shitty pod - or a pod that gives you the shits - let's be nuts.
When i looked up senna pod i came across this play called "The confessions of a Secret Senna Pod Drinker - play? ah radio program actually by Spike Milligan and Eric Sykes. The humour in it reminded me of yours - funny stuff. :lol: