New friend phoning me alot

rko74

I met a friend from a recent social skills/lifeskills class i was doing.I like him, seems like a decent guy only problem is hes calling me everyday.Does that seem overkill? I dont know how to say your calling too much without offending him.What should i do? I found out btw he has Schizophenia and lives in a home, i have nothing against people who have mental illness.You would not know to talk with him he has it, as hes very outgoing etc.But at the same time im wary of it.Any advice for me?

Waybuloo

ah yes dont' u just hate being hammered with incoming calls.
one way to let him see he's too much is give one word answers, or yawn but make it not seem too obvious it is at him, he'll get the idea ur not too keen on talking to him. Suggest he get involved in something else. Try switch ur phone off sometimes. if he's very outgoing then he must have other friends?

Or if u leave it liek that hope for the best that he'll get tired of calling everyday and eventually cool off.

Ahmed

try the im not home treatment, im sleeping, im in the bathroom... make up excuses :) thats what i do most times :)

i never like just listening to people. some people just haug up all the converstation that even when u wanna say something small, u cant, and when he pauses, u forget what u even wanna say :)

gg

:arrow: Have you got caller ID? If so, when you see he is calling just dont answer, he'll think your not home. Also when he calls and if you answer just tell him that he has called at a bad time or that your busy, simple! After a while anyway he might not call as frequent as he'll run out of things to talk about.