New Beginning?

Snowman

On this coming Friday, I'll be moving to a new apartment. The apartment I'm in now is small and the ceiling leaks and the landlord is a lazy idiot who does nothing. I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I guess because I've alienated my family and friends. I'm excited about the move but worried (as usual) that things will go wrong. I'll just be glad to get it over with and get into a nice apartment. I think I'm starting to feel that my social fears are abating somewhat and that my job is going well; I have a bit of money and deserve better than what I've been allowing myself as far as style of living goes. I think I'm just a bit worried that I'll lose my job or the new apartment isn't as good as it seems...something always goes wrong in anything I do...I really hope this is a break with the past. Dunno, just rambling...anyone else in a similar situation?

Snowman

themousethatroared

I am not in a similar situation but I am planning to move it the new year. It is good to hear about someone moving forward in their life. Hope things go well. Everything can not go wrong. Good Luck.

maggie

Snowman said:
On this coming Friday, I'll be moving to a new apartment. The apartment I'm in now is small and the ceiling leaks and the landlord is a lazy idiot who does nothing. I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, I guess because I've alienated my family and friends. I'm excited about the move but worried (as usual) that things will go wrong. I'll just be glad to get it over with and get into a nice apartment. I think I'm starting to feel that my social fears are abating somewhat and that my job is going well; I have a bit of money and deserve better than what I've been allowing myself as far as style of living goes. I think I'm just a bit worried that I'll lose my job or the new apartment isn't as good as it seems...something always goes wrong in anything I do...I really hope this is a break with the past. Dunno, just rambling...anyone else in a similar situation?

Snowman
hey Snowman..congratulations on your move to better apartment..i think it's a brave step and likely a postive step for your anxiety..different situation..different neighbours...fresh start..good luck :!:

Snowman

Thank you Maggie and Mouse for your replies, I actually thought about what you guys said while I was moving. I really appreciated your replies! :)

The move itself went smoothly, the movers ripped me off for one hour's time, but I can't be bothered going after then for it. My new apartment is going to be great! Bigger, cleaner, quieter and above all, no water dripping from the ceiling! I even have a balcony for the summer and it actually looks out onto a park! :D I'm buying new furniture as I've spent the last three and a half years sleeping on a futon mattress on the floor in a small apartment with mice; the new bed and couch will be here next week...I can't wait to start living like a human being again!

My final surprise was when I went back to work today and found an email from a manager for a job I had applied for within the company! A possible promotion! I have an interview and exam on Monday; I'm nervous and also a bit perplexed as to why everything seems to be going my way! LOL Waiting for the other shoe to drop...but just maybe, it won't...

When I was younger, I dealt with my social anxiety by 'self-medicating' with alcohol and needless to say became an alcoholic. I don't drink anymore and things are really starting to happen for me! I really hope that anyone on this forum younger than me who is thinking of using booze to calm themselves will really think twice: it ain't worth it! Apart from me getting a nicer apartment, maybe this will serve to illustrate what can happen to your life when you drink to control your fears and then, years later, stop drinking: night and day in my case! I'm getting so much done now!

Rambling as always,
Snowman