New and feeling so vague

Farrizle

hey there i'm new and was wondering if anyone else experiences similar symptoms & knows how to overcome them.

basically,the feeling of unreality has been a frustration for me,as it often arises,as well as feeling almost as if i'm unfamiliar with where i am.i also feel lvery emotionally shut-off and self-centred.i seem less aware of my external environment and often fall into mself and get lost in my own thoughts.being 17,it's not the easiest time for me,and i find myself asking myself why me,and where is my life going to go now that i suffer from GAD?i often fear that i'm going to lose my mind sometimes.the thing is though,i know that is a common symptom,yet i can't always convince myself that i won't lose my mind.

i'm sure i speak for everything when i say,at the least,anxiety is frustrating.so i was wondering,if anyone could be so kind,i would greatly appreciate advice on how to overcome the syptoms i have described above.those are the ones that are most...well,annoying,and at times frightening.

thanks.

Chilling__Echo

hm, i'm sorry, but i don't think i can be of much help. however, are you also experiencing depression? when i've been depressed before, i often felt like i was going to loose my mind. like i was seriously going to go crazy before it was all over. like an emotional overload. i don't know very good ways to cope though, are you seeking help for GAD?

Farrizle

hey there

umm,having actually spent a lot of time reading up about anxiety,there are some syptoms that are common in both anxiety and depression.but i think its more anxiety.i have definately thought i was gonna go crazy,and still wonder about the future and stuff,but hopefully it'll all be ok :) i'm planning to get help and hopefully speak to a psychologist,and hopefully sort it all out.

Invisible_Alien

As long as you're doubting your sanity than it means you're not going insane :D I've also felt at times like I was losing my mind. In times of extreme stress I felt as though my life were unreal, that my existance was an illusion. I never sought a shrink's help for that, but nonetheless I think that symptom is passed me now. Basically what I would do is try to focus on something. I would find a book or something that would keep my mind off my stress. Also I'd would go out for a walk or ride which helped a lot. Other than that I don't know what else might help.

Farrizle

that's comforting :lol: yea i find going for walks outside in the open helps a lil bit. distracting myself by doing something also helps,although it's not a long term solution.

black_mamba

Farrizle said:
basically,the feeling of unreality has been a frustration for me,as it often arises,as well as feeling almost as if i'm unfamiliar with where i am.i also feel lvery emotionally shut-off and self-centred.i seem less aware of my external environment and often fall into mself and get lost in my own thoughts.

ditto ditto ditto.

It's a pretty well known symptom of anxiety, depression, stress, and everything else that comes along with the whole social phobic experience.

Heres a bizarre thought - why not try to use this sense of detachment to your advantage? Pretend you're an alien sent in by robotic drug bunnies from Jupiter to simulate a happy human being... :lol:

Ok maybe not, but my other other piece of advice was to scare yourself until you feel real again. Not safe, stick with the bunnies. 8O

Farrizle

hahahahaha,i think i'll pass on the drug bunny story,but thx for the advice,very helpful.i myself am not a really a social phobic, just a GAD sufferer.