NEURONTIN.....

ShynCursed

I have just started taking 300 mg's of Neurontin for Social Phobia.I am supposed to take 2 a day for a total of 600 mg's.I have researched that Neurontin has a definite higher rate of relieving Social phobia's compared to SSRI'S.I am praying tonight when i take the 600 mg's of Neurontin that my Social phobia will start to feel under control :?: . I recently stopped taking Zoloft so Im hoping that this Neurontin can help me cope with Social anxiety.Zoloft only helped me at lower doses like 50 mg's or 25 mg's and it seemed to lose its affect.Maybe if i did not get it in generic form it might still have been helping me, but cutting the powdered generic capsule there was no way to tell what the exact dose I was taking every day and that may have been my whole problem.I might just buy the brand name Zoloft rather then Sertraline when my Doctor writes me out a script next time.

bluenow

I had never heard of this drug and just read a little about it on the internet. It sounds like it really works. I read on one site that it can take 2 - 4 weeks for full effect. I really hope it works for you. I would love to know how it you like it.

ShynCursed

bluenow said:
I had never heard of this drug and just read a little about it on the internet. It sounds like it really works. I read on one site that it can take 2 - 4 weeks for full effect . I really hope it works for you. I would love to know how you like it.
So far no bad side affects other then feeling a bit tired. I did not know that in order to feel the full affects of Neurontin it has to be taken every day :?: .Maybe I was wrong and should take the Neurontin every day and see how it helps.I thought it was ok to take it only when needed because it was not like a SSRI Med.It will be my 2nd day taking 600 mg's of Neurontin so I have several weeks to go before I reach 2 to 4 weeks to feel the full benefits of Neurontin. 8)

ShynCursed

After 3 days of taking Neurontin I feel better and it has not had any negative side affect other then being a bit drowsy.Neurontin seems to make me more sociable.I think the Doctors should wake up and realize that Neurontin is used for social phobia rather then prescribing SSRI's that have some bad side affects.

bluenow

Do you have any fears related to SA that are being helped? Like irrational fear of people watching you while you are going about your every day business?

ShynCursed

bluenow said:
Do you have any fears related to SA that are being helped? Like irrational fear of people watching you while you are going about your every day business?
Absolutely,I don't think the neurontin is working and I don't hink antidepressants are the answer for me even though I have only tried 3.